IPL 2020: Baba Ramdev's Patanjali likely to bid for title sponsorship: Report

vayuu1

20 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

To my knowledge there is some  Chinese investment in Byju's. I don't see them winning it, but I may be wrong.

Tencent

They've invested heavily in Ola and Practo too.

They are said to be quite laissez-faire now. Earlier, there was a case of pushing WeChat (it is also an essential service payment provider) onto unrelated platforms and they had to halt the service in India when threatened with a litany of cases.

Edited by Mariyam
11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Tencent

They've invested heavily in Ola and Practo too.

They are said to be quite laissez-faire now. Earlier, there was a case of pushing WeChat (it is also an essential service provider) onto unrelated platforms and they had to halt the service in India when threatened with a litany of cases.

If VIVO and IPL have mutually agreed to end the partnership for 2020, then I doubt IPL committee will be keen to onboard another company with Chinese investment. Of they are okay with Byjus's then what was the point in breaking the deal with Vivi in first place. Let's assume Vivo initiated as it did not want to get negative sentiments and publicity, but same has to be the case with Byju's. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, Straight Drive said:

If VIVO and IPL have mutually agreed to end the partnership for 2020, then I doubt IPL committee will be keen to onboard another company with Chinese investment. Of they are okay with Byjus's then what was the point in breaking the deal with Vivi in first place. Let's assume Vivo initiated as it did not want to get negative sentiments and publicity, but same has to be the case with Byju's. 

Optics. 

Byju's is Indian. yes, they may have some Chinese funding but that can be kept in the background.

VIVO is Chinese through and through.