Kamala Harris, it is.**

BacktoCricaddict

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

and you think iyers and iyengars are happy about her nomination - do you have evidence ?

Iyers/ Iyengars are persecuted in TN and are pro BJP always. There would always be 'intellectuals' who want to be 'different' from the masses - > no need to single our iyers/ iyengars there. 

Muslims ofcourse will support western left for obvious reasons. 

I have read some funny anecdotes how mamis are discussing on whatsapp where they have spotted Kamalammal's aunts in marriages. There is a

huge number of articles in local newspapers about how she remembers her walks with her thatha in marina beach. Also, there have been hoardings

of her in TN, where it has never neen till now. This is reported in foreign medis as well.

So, seeing her eating pork might bring down some of the euphoria down. Anyhow, it was all in jest.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-harris-india/indians-erect-banners-pray-for-kamala-harris-to-win-u-s-election-idUSKCN25E25Y

77557791.jpg

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I have read some funny anecdotes how mamis are discussing on whatsapp where they have spotted Kamalammal's aunts in marriages. There is a

huge number of articles in local newspapers about how she remembers her walks with her thatha in marina beach. Also, there have been hoardings

of her in TN, where it has never neen till now. This is reported in foreign medis as well.

So, seeing her eating pork might bring down some of the euphoria down. Anyhow, it was all in jest.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-harris-india/indians-erect-banners-pray-for-kamala-harris-to-win-u-s-election-idUSKCN25E25Y

77557791.jpg

Dumb *s. The whole angle of kamala and that rabid pramila jayapal is all bidens political bargain with bernie or bust progressive gang to prevent them voting for trump like last time. Indian media is too insular and busy with exclusives and voyeur to do commentary on international politics no wonder people in india will be dumb in such nuances no wonder. Bidens US wont support india outright.. But biden is a pro india guy in his core policy in the past i remember the whole ins jalswaha period. Like everything else it will be a balance which is ok, but Trump is just too crazy and pro himself always, any way all in jest as well democrats for better for canada anyway.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Dumb *s. The whole angle of kamala and that rabid pramila jayapal is all bidens political bargain with bernie or bust progressive gang to prevent them voting for trump like last time. Indian media is too insular and busy with exclusives and voyeur to do commentary on international politics no wonder people in india will be dumb in such nuances no wonder. Bidens US wont support india outright.. But biden is a pro india guy in his core policy in the past i remember the whole ins jalswaha period. Like everything else it will be a balance which is ok, but Trump is just too crazy and pro himself always, any way all in jest as well democrats for better for canada anyway.

I still don't get why Indians would take pride in the accomplishments of a random foreign woman with no real Indian-ness, except that she was born to someone who was born in India?  The colonial hangover - looking for other societies to validate us or people who look like us  - is nauseating.   

On the flip-side, why should I or anyone else who is a US citizen consider a politician's stance towards India.  Yes, I was born there, I love the culture, and have strong emotional ties to my home, but for all intents and purposes, India-policy does not affect me and will definitely not affect my descendants' lives.  Or will it?   

Edited by BacktoCricaddict