DC Animated Films

zen

Some are pretty good, while some are timepass. I mainly watch Batman ones. From the ones that I watched/rewatched recently (in the order of release): 

Liked

• Under the Red Hood
  • Year One
  • The Dark Knight Returns (1 & 2, liked 2 more) 
  • Gotham by Gaslight (steampunk genre) 

Timepass

• Gotham Knight (a mixed bag of short stories. a couple of them or so are quite good)
  • Assault on Arkham 
  • Bad Blood
  • The Killing Joke
  • Hush

May watch/rewatch (do not recall much about these):

• Mask of Phantasm 
  • Return of Joker 

The below is expected to come out in Oct iirc. Appears to be based on Under the Red Hood:

And there are the LEGO ones as well. Which ones are your favorites? 

Edited by zen

13 hours ago, I6MTW said:

I don't know about DC's animated films. But , one of the best animated series of all time , was Batman: The Animated Series. Everything was top notch, the nature, tone, soundtrack, dark, gritty theme etc. 

Will look into the series as well. Watched the animated film Return of Joker whose style would be similar to the animated series.  The animation of the latest films is relatively better (as you would expect due to use of latest technology) 

Edited by zen

On 8/28/2020 at 1:13 AM, zen said:

Some are pretty good, while some are timepass. I mainly watch Batman ones. From the ones that I watched/rewatched recently (in the order of release): 

Liked

• Under the Red Hood
  • Year One
  • The Dark Knight Returns (1 & 2, liked 2 more) 
  • Gotham by Gaslight (steampunk genre) 

Timepass

• Gotham Knight (a mixed bag of short stories. a couple of them or so are quite good)
  • Assault on Arkham 
  • Bad Blood

May watch/rewatch (do not recall much about these):

• Mask of Phantasm 
  • Return of Joker 

The below is expected to come out in Oct iirc. Appears to be based on Under the Red Hood:

And there are the LEGO ones as well. Which ones are your favorites? 

I see a very heavy Batman influence in your list.

DC animation is really good as compared to Marvel. Even their Justice League and Superman movies are pretty good. Try them out

27 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I see a very heavy Batman influence in your list.

DC animation is really good as compared to Marvel. Even their Justice League and Superman movies are pretty good. Try them out

Yeah, I like the relatively darker themes in Batman, along with non-alien villains :lol: 

Will try to check out others too. 

I've seen all of them, except the latest one: Superman Man of Tomorrow. Anyway I like DC heroes much more than Marvel.  

If you watch the continuity starting from Flashpoint, their universe's continuity ends with Justice League Dark:   Apokolips War, which I really liked a lot.