Pranab Mukherjee passes away at age 84

Gollum

Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka didn't attend the ceremony where Pranab da was conferred Bharat Ratna, a man who gave more to the party than all of them combined. Such a petty, disgusting family. Even now first family loyalists are abusing/mocking/downplaying the deceased man and his achievements, doing smear campaign. All because Sonia couldn't control him like others...that is why she made him Prez in the first place, to clear the way for that donkey RaGa. Congress can never rise above petty differences, can never put nation first, all about serving that one filthy family. 

Edited by Gollum

10 hours ago, maniac said:

PVN singlehandedly who put BJP on the map indirectly

Zyada ho gaya. 1000s of BJP/RSS activists have shed blood to put BJP on the map, untold oppression, sacrifices, courage, conviction. BJP is a cadre based party, bottom-up and throwaway statements like this make light of the sufferings of many. I would object if you replace PVN with Modi and map with Bengal as well, grassroots folks must get their due. Otherwise what is the difference between us and Nehru-Gandhi loyalists? 

58 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Zyada ho gaya. 1000s of BJP/RSS activists have shed blood to put BJP on the map, untold oppression, sacrifices, courage, conviction. BJP is a cadre based party, bottom-up and throwaway statements like this make light of the sufferings of many. I would object if you replace PVN with Modi and map with Bengal as well, grassroots folks must get their due. Otherwise what is the difference between us and Nehru-Gandhi loyalists? 

Kuch zyada nahi hua. The whole Ram Janmabjoomi stuff happened in early 90s but it reached its peak in 1992. There is a rumor that PVN kind of let it slide. Anyway that is heresay.

However  the action that Rao took against the suspects of Mumbai bomb blasts with Tada law is something someone like  Modi has not come close to implementing. That was so foresighted  it was way before  Guantanamo bay when Americans were warming bed with the Pakistanis post Soviet- Afghan conflict.

I have faith in Amit Shah. The CAA protests would have been the perfect time to shut down Anti India voices with a stiff kick on the backside like Rao did in the early 90’s. unfortunately the Covid situation changed everything. 

We tend to get carried away by the theatrics but the guy is the silent assassin and he didn’t give a f about his public image or his legacy. Did what had to be done to put india on the modern path.

As far as kar sevaks building it on blood sweat and tears that applies to anything. I am sure there were a lot of technicians who gave it their all and hired for being the best in their craft while making any Spielberg movie as well. That goes without saying but it is the face that runs things gets the credit or the brickbats. Case in point the entire Babri demolition is pinned on Advaniji.

Also you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say Pranab Mukherjee didn’t deserve Bharat Ratna. I can think of a handful of people ahead of him and Rao being in the top tier in that list.

@Gollum let’s take this debate elsewhere. Let’s just keep it as a tribute to Pranab Mukherjee.

I do have a couple of other complaints as well but he was a great politician and a great leader and our former president so the good outweighs the bad for the most part but will not bring that up.

Edited by maniac

40 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kuch zyada nahi hua. The whole Ram Janmabjoomi stuff happened in early 90s but it reached its peak in 1992. There is a rumor that PVN kind of let it slide. Anyway that is heresay.

Yeah he indirectly supported it. 

However  the action that Rao took against the suspects of Mumbai bomb blasts with Tada law is something someone like  Modi has not come close to implementing. That was so foresighted  it was way before  Guantanamo bay when Americans were warming bed with the Pakistanis post Soviet- Afghan conflict.

UAPA amendment bhool gaye? And look at our nat-sec record since 2014, hardly any terror attack in our cities, compare it to 90s, 2000s, early 2010s.

Modi too has taken tough decisions, like 370, CAA, jailing Hurriyat scum, Triple Talaq, action on urban Naxals and Breaking India forces...

We tend to get carried away by the theatrics but the guy is the silent assassin and he didn’t give a f about his public image or his legacy. Did what had to be done to put india on the modern path.

Great PM but terrible HM, 1984 anti-Sikh pogrom is a permanent blot on him. 

Also you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say Pranab Mukherjee didn’t deserve Bharat Ratna. I can think of a handful of people ahead of him and Rao being in the top tier in that list

I agree but better to honour the living first. 

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Gollum let’s take this debate elsewhere. Let’s just keep it as a tribute to Pranab Mukherjee.

I do have a couple of other complaints as well but he was a great politician and a great leader and our former president so the good outweighs the bad for the most part but will not bring that up.

Ok, but not much to debate. I have PVNR as our greatest or at worst 2nd greatest Indian PM of all time. 

Edited by Gollum

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Great PM but terrible HM, 1984 Sikh riots is a permanent blot on him. 

Sorry couldn’t resist here.

Firstly PVN was a scholar,poet, academician and his IQ levels are in the top tier. The guy could speak in 7 different languages in native fluency ffs.

Anyway that is a very important point. PVN has left hints of those things many times. He said sometimes indecision and delaying things can be the greatest decision a person can take.

Now let’s read in to it. 1984 was an organized genocide sponsored by the then unofficial royal family of India. Rao would be fighting a losing battle. He bid his time, worked his way to the PM spot, got everything out of the right players. I mean he hired Man Mohan Singh who had absolutely 0 leadership qualities to be a minister, He appointed Vajpayee as an ambassador and displayed great camaraderie with the opposition. Never in India’s post independence history was politics at the highest level all of a sudden so well respected, He even appointed Subramanian Swamy a maverick as an advisor. On top of that he is also given equal credit as Vajpayee in some circles for the nuclear programme. Given that the extreme right hates everything to do with congress and the extreme left hates Rao, good chance that is from a credible circle. You are probably a 2000’s child (meaning born in the 90’s) so much generation who have vague memories of the mid-late 80’s- early 90s and saw India transform in front of our very eyes have a special appreciation for Rao. I mean no different from the appreciation you see for say Sachin which the same generation of folk have. 

You can argue based on history or footage be it in cricket or life but it’s different we actually saw it live and made us feel part of the entire journey.

Anyways the point being the way he got rid of the Gandhi family was a masterstroke.

The guy was a Chanakya and shakuni (remember he was a good guy all along) rolled into one.

Edited by maniac

Clowns/crooks like Ahmed Patel, Mani Shankar Aiyer, Salman Khursheed, Kapil Sibal had a bigger say in that stupid party compared to Pranab. Like having Rohit in your team but preferring Rayudu, Dube, Sreesanth etc for leadership position. I hope Sonia is made to pay for her crimes one day.