Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

50 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If Mavi isn't fully fit then he should not be playing.

If he is fit then he should not be bowling 10 kph slower.

It's not about being fit or not. It takes a lot of time for a bowler coming back from two back to back stress fracture to get to same pace. I remember Bumrah bowling same way a few years back in IPL when he came back from a serious injury. When you hardly bowled anything for two years, your bowling muscles take time to work same way they did before. Your body takes time to get into same rhythm. I am sure if he stays fit, he will be bowling quicker by next IPL. Fast bowling is much more complex than just coming in bowl quick. Jofra is a huge example of that complexity of bowling.

Edited by rkt.india

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Indian bowlers hamari naak kata rahe hain. Really sad to see them trundling intentionally.

They are not doing that intentionally m both are coming back from serious injuries. both have hardly bowled anything in last two years.  

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It's not about being fit or not. It takes a lot of for a bowler coming back from two back to back stress fracture to get to same pace. I remember Bumrah bowling a few years back in IPL when he came back from a serious injury. When you hardly bowled anything for two years, your bowling muscles take time to work same way they did before. Your body takes time to get into same rhythm. I am sure if he stays fit, he will be bowling quicker by next IPL. Fast bowling is much more complex than just coming in bowl quick. Jofra is a huge example of that complexity of bowling.

I know all that.

But the difference in the approaches by Nagarkoti and Mavi is clearly seen. Nagarkoti too has not hit peak pace but his intensity is higher.

If the reason is because Mavi has come back from injury only recently then he should play a few more practice matches and play actual matches after a month when his body is more ready to bowl quick.

That was all I was saying in your quoted post.

Why do you always start from ABCD !

Edited by express bowling

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

I know all that.

But the difference in the approaches by Nagarkoti and Mavi is clearly seen. Nagarkoti too has not hit peak pace but his intensity is higher.

If the reason is because Mavi has come back from injury only recently then he should play a few more practice matches and play actual matches after a month when his body us more ready to bowl quick.

If hes bowling well,they will never drop him and the more he plays the better,he will come to his usual pace in some time,he knows he can't survive with that pace,there is cut throat competition,Tyagi, Sushant ,Prasidh are in the pipe line

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I know all that.

If the reason is because Mavi has come back from injury only recently then he should play a few more practice matches and play actual matches after a month when his body us more ready to bowl quick.

He has to play matches whether practice or IPL. It's not like there is any other cricket going on. He is doing that. Nothing better than real matches. It will take him at least 4-6 months to bowl same way again. And he is doing well despite not being at his quickest, has bowled in right areas, ball is skidding and still hurried the batsman despite not hitting 145k. 

Nagarkoti had started bowling in Jan. Mavi started bowling in July IIRC but both lacked lot of bowling and any real match practice. Even for nagarkoti, it will take time to again hit 145 plus.  

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

If hes bowling well,they will never drop him and the more he plays the better,he will come to his usual pace in some time,he knows he can't survive with that pace,there is cut throat competition,Tyagi, Sushant ,Prasidh are in the pipe line

If success in T20 club matches come at a lesser pace then a young pacer may start thinking differently. 

Fast Bowling is hard work. They may settle for a T20-only career and get lost from the test and ODI scenario. It has happened with Munaf,  RP,  Sreesanth etc. Plus they are seeing Chahar, Shardul etc. getting chances while trundling.

I think it is a risky proposition to allow Indians to bowl at lesser pace. The basic tendency is to cut down on pace. And test and ODI success won't come to trundlers.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He has to play matches whether practice or IPL. It's not like there is any other cricket going on. He is doing that. Nothing better than real matches. It will take him at least 4-6 months to bowl same way again. And he is doing well despite not being at his quickest, has bowled in right areas, ball is skidding and still hurried the batsman despite not hitting 145k. 

Nagarkoti had started bowling in Jan. Mavi started bowling in July IIRC but both lacked lot of bowling and any real match practice. Even for nagarkoti, it will take time to again hit 145 plus.  

Once bitten twice shy.

Too many Indian quicks have stopped bowling quick after cutting down on pace after injury. The pace has not come back.

I think it is better to play practice matches first.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If success in T20 club matches come at a lesser pace then a young pacer may start thinking differently. 

Fast Bowling is hard work. They may settle for a T20-only career and get lost from the test and ODI scenario. It has happened with Munaf,  RP,  Sreesanth etc. Plus they are seeing Chahar, Shardul etc. getting chances while trundling.

I think it is a risky proposition to allow Indians to bowl at lesser pace. The basic tendency is to cut down on pace. And test and ODI success won't come to trundlers.

I think Indian players won't restrict their careers to only t20s like other foreign players as they only get to play IPL

Nagarkoti,Mavi im sure want to play for India across formats,being a rich board BCCI,these guys know for them sky is the only limit,they can earn billions if they aim high, targeting t20s will only lower their stakes,

And i seriously hope they think like that and i think Khaleel will sort out his action and will get back his pace even last year against WI at home he bowled 1-2 deliveries at 144,it says he can bowl at that pace

Edited by Suhaan

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah played whole IPL bowling same pace as Mavi and I thought what has happened to him and then he was back to his normal pace in a few months.

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Once bitten twice shy.

Too many Indian quicks have stopped bowling quick after cutting down on pace after injury. The pace has not come back.

I think it is better to play practice matches first.

Those bowlers have reduced their pace intentionally and lack of fitness. Mavi has no fitness issue. And if he drops intentionally then doesn't matter whether he plays IPL or not. Both Koti and Mavi are too short and slight statured to sustain high pace without serious injuries at such a young age. One is 5'8, another is 5'9.  So better to be measured. Their pace will be judged once their bodies mature around 24-25 years of age. 

Edited by rkt.india

11 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I think Indian players won't restrict their careers to only t20s like other foreign players as they only get to play IPL

Nagarkoti,Mavi im sure want to play for India across formats,being a rich board BCCI,these guys know for them sky is the only limit,they can earn billions if they aim high, targeting t20s will only lower their stakes,

And i seriously hope they think like that and i think Khaleel will sort out his action and will get back his pace even last year against WI at home he bowled 1-2 deliveries at 144,it says he can bowl at that pace

Look at Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier and Ankit Rajpoot.  All 3 were part of our A-teams in the recent past. Avesh and Warrier played the last A-team series even. This means all are on the brink of Senior Team selection. But they cut down on pace.

Khaleel has been thrown out of the national team but still down on pace. I don't think he would have been dropped if he was bowling 145 k.

Once an Indian seamer drops pace, chances are it is a mindset issue too. And the pace may never come back.  (  But I will be more than happy if the pace comes back !!  )