Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

If I were to loosely classify pacers' speed ranges ... what they generally bowl these days then.  ( Not talking about rare fastest balls or rare slowest balls of a series or slower deliveries  )

Archer.      140 k to 152 k

Wood.       140 k to 152 k

Nortje.      140 k to 150 k

Starc.        140 k to 150 k

Saini.         140 k to 150 k

Gabriel      140 k to 150 k

Ferguson. 140 k to 150 k

Bumrah.    137 k to 148 k

Cummins  137 k to 148 k

Rabada.    137 k to 148 k

Steyn.        137 k to 148 k

Naseem.   137 k to 148 k

Shami.      135 k to 145 k

Kumara.    135 k to 145 k

Hazlew'd.  135 k to 145 k

Pattinson  132 k to 145 k

Really golden age. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Not slow. He bowled 138 k to 145 k. And Bumrah was coming back from stress fracture of the back and this was his first test series after that.

Moreover, many players have complaining about NZ speed guns registering lower speeds.

Thus is what Jofra Archer and McCleneghan had to say ....

Jofra Archer has said that he was “not convinced about the speed gun” in both of England’s recent Tests in New Zealand.

Writing in his column for the Daily Mail, Archer commented on the reliability of the speeds registered by the speed guns. “In case you’re wondering I’m still not convinced about the speed gun,” wrote Archer. “I felt it didn’t have its best game at Mount Maunganui, and I came away from Hamilton thinking the same.

“Not just me – all the bowlers were made to look a bit slower than I believe they really are.”

Despite being the quickest recorded bowler in both Tests of the New Zealand series, Archer’s average speeds in Mount Maunganui and Hamilton were 84.86mph and 84.66mph respectively, two miles per hour slower than his previous lowest average recorded speed in a Test match.

Archer’s comments were supported by New Zealand quick bowler Mitchell McClenaghan on Twitter. McClenaghan wrote: “Have to agree (with Archer) – NZ have the slowest radars and it’s not a fair representation of our bowlers (sic) speeds comparatively on the world stage. Hamilton is the slowest in the world by far.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wisden.com/series-stories/new-zealand-v-england/jofra-archer-not-convinced-by-new-zealand-speed-guns/amp

Rabada has bowled 2 or 3 deliveries which are quicker than Bumrah's quickest ball in this IPL so far.

But it was shown yesterday on TV that Bumrah has bowled more 140k + deliveries in this IPL. He was 5th on that list and Rabada was not there.

Both are bowling most of their faster balls in the 143 k to 147 k range in this IPL.

True.  Both are fast.

Why not Saini  ?  Has bowled upto 153 k in his short career and lots of 145 k+ balls.

Waiting for Saini to play Tests.  No doubt he is the fastest in India right now.