Watch thread: India's 3rd opener for t20 team

Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Khota said:

This is nothing but bias. You think players dont show any improvement over time? He was the best in the the last WC ( I understand format and stuff.)

WC is a 50 over format and then u say u understand stuff

have u seen his t20 Wc record its worst then a tailender 

Improvement ??? hasnt he scored before in IPL and yet continuously sucked in international t20 like last yr also 

He is capable of delivering on the big stage. Mayank has done well but Dhawan is not behind either.

Not in t20 

There is room for him and four of them can be rotated in top 3 spots. You need to keep playmakers in the team and he is a playmaker.

with a s/r of 128 he is a momentum killer 

I can make an arguement that he is ahead of Rohit as of now.

we can have a good laugh 

I can make an argument that he is ahead of Mayank too, but my thinking is different. I want all four to play.

try ...just try 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

56 minutes ago, Khota said:

@coffee_rules and @Ankit_sharma03 if there is true objectivity the top two are Rahul and Dhawan. Followed by Mayank. This is as of today and I can defend that all day long. If some does metrics properly this discussion would not take place.

I like Ankit but to me he displays nothing but superficial knowledge of the sport. 

I asked you to tag me if ur able to find any perfomances of his in t20 international ...did you ?

All you came up with a word superficial 

13 hours ago, Khota said:

This man has hate for Dhawan. If he cannot see that Dhawan deserves a spot he is pretty much blind.

yet i say dhawan is the most underrated player in ODI format, doesnt get as much respect as he deserve

Damn my hate is inconsistent 

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I asked you to tag me if ur able to find any perfomances of his in t20 international ...did you ?

All you came up with a word superficial 

yet i say dhawan is the most underrated player in ODI format, doesnt get as much respect as he deserve

Damn my hate is inconsistent 

Four years have elapsed since the T20 wc. His performance has improved and is currently playing better than Rohit. He has edge over mayank and the only player at this spot ahead of him is rahul.

6 hours ago, Khota said:

Four years have elapsed since the T20 wc.

Says the guy who kept repeating ashwin 2017 CT when Dhawan sucked in 2014 n 2016 both t20 wcs and i have bias :giggle:

6 hours ago, Khota said:

His performance has improved and is currently playing better than Rohit. He has edge over mayank and the only player at this spot ahead of him is rahul.

And what has he done last in international in that he is better then rohit?  If ur IPL bubble hasnt bubble not the 1st time he has scored more then rohit in ipl, last yr happened same n he sucked again in international 

What edge he has over mayank?  Even in field mayank saves game, dhawan in previous game dropped a catch which cud have costed them the game 

Even in this IPL mayank has more runs and much better s/r .  Dhawan is tried and tested failure in t20 international 

This is whats bias when ur not able present a single fact but just an opinion .....so yea show me what has he done in international 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Says the guy who kept repeating ashwin 2017 CT when Dhawan sucked in 2014 n 2016 both t20 wcs and i have bias :giggle:

And what has he done last in international in that he is better then rohit?  If ur IPL bubble hasnt bubble not the 1st time he has scored more then rohit in ipl, last yr happened same n he sucked again in international 

What edge he has over mayank?  Even in field mayank saves game, dhawan in previous game dropped a catch which cud have costed them the game 

Even in this IPL mayank has more runs and much better s/r .  Dhawan is tried and tested failure in t20 international 

This is whats bias when ur not able present a single fact but just an opinion .....so yea show me what has he done in international 

Ashwin is back to his sucking ways more often than not.

Dhawan on the other hand is topping the charts.

Hater.

And the term hater used is not taken lightly by me.

Before the last WC you were on your ill informed rant why Dhawan does not deserve a place and he should not play and he is junk and more blah blagh blah from you and he turned out to be the best in the world.

Show me if your favorite Ashwin has done anything like that. Never.

9 hours ago, Khota said:

Four years have elapsed since the T20 wc. His performance has improved and is currently playing better than Rohit. 

last year Dhawan played 12 T20Is and averaged 22 with strike rate of 110. where as rohit avg 29 with sr 138. Please tell me how he is playing better than rohit currently

9 minutes ago, Serpico said:

last year Dhawan played 12 T20Is and averaged 22 with strike rate of 110. where as rohit avg 29 with sr 138. Please tell me how he is playing better than rohit currently

I am glad you asked.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=13533;type=tournament

Someone who scores more runs, has better average and higher S/R in my book is a better player.

43 minutes ago, Khota said:

And the term hater used is not taken lightly by me.

Before the last WC you were on your ill informed rant why Dhawan does not deserve a place and he should not play and he is junk and more blah blagh blah from you and he turned out to be the best in the world.

show me where did said drop dhawan n rohit before 2019 Wc , i was the one who supported dhawan n rohit when they were not in form before that WC

go ahead show me 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Dhawan on the other hand is topping the charts.

Hater.

again found nothing

No.4 is not topping the charts, mayank n rahul are topping the charts

again show me international perfomance we have seen enough of runs in IPL and complete failure in international

Rotta reh, u knw u have nothing to show for him international t20

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

again found nothing

No.4 is not topping the charts, mayank n rahul are topping the charts

again show me international perfomance we have seen enough of runs in IPL and complete failure in international

Rotta reh, u knw u have nothing to show for him international t20

No 4 out of 50 odd is topping the chart. You have problem with one of the highest run scorer in the tournaments. You want to see him fail to prove that you are right. You have no objectivity. Can I once again call you a hater.

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

show me where did said drop dhawan n rohit before 2019 Wc , i was the one who supported dhawan n rohit when they were not in form before that WC

go ahead show me 

I dont have time. Seems like you do.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

No 4 out of 50 odd is topping the chart. You have problem with one of the highest run scorer in the tournaments. You want to see him fail to prove that you are right. You have no objectivity. Can I once again call you a hater.

how out of 50

he shud be compared top 24-25 players as that much only bats in top 3....top 3 will always score more then players batting below comman sense

neways where is his international doings im still waiting for that .....or admit u cant find anything

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how out of 50

he shud be compared top 24-25 players as that much only bats in top 3....top 3 will always score more then players batting below comman sense

neways where is his international doings im still waiting for that .....or admit u cant find anything

Of the top three he is the top three. You still have problems.

We all know Dhawan will be selected..  He sucked in 2014 WT20..  Then in 2016 WT20..  But that won't matter yet again.  To me he will always be a below average T20 batter.  I hope he scores runs in Australia coz I think with this twin tons & rich form he'll open with Rohit there.  Rahul may play finisher role. 

Next IPl probably would be a shootout between him & Mayank. 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

We all know Dhawan will be selected..  He sucked in 2014 WT20..  Then in 2016 WT20..  But that won't matter yet again.  To me he will always be a below average T20 batter.  I hope he scores runs in Australia coz I think with this twin tons & rich form he'll open with Rohit there.  Rahul may play finisher role. 

Next IPl probably would be a shootout between him & Mayank. 

This does not have to be a binary decision. All four should play with atleast three on the field at the same time.