its raining

forget this sadly, i hope we get thrashed ftbs like yuvi, jaffer needs to go even though yuvis not playing dhoni needs a rest and bhajji can go and make out with symonds com on rain GO AWAYY :nervous: and there u go FTB yuvi was clapping to see the groundstaffmen cover the pitch despicable:((

sometimes defeats are good for you.. and this is that time.. 76 all out after winning toss is unforgivable..
Yup you make 76 and you don't even deserve to draw the game. I'd pretty sad for Saffies if it rains and the game ends in a draw. India deserve to lose this one.
Yup you make 76 and you don't even deserve to draw the game. I'd pretty sad for Saffies if it rains and the game ends in a draw. India deserve to lose this one.
don't really agree with u here.. there is nothing like deserve stuff here mate. Saf showed good strength after bowling India out for 76 in first innings.. but if see.. it's a test match. the team has to be good twice not just once.. they have to bowl India out in 2nd innings too to win.. 20 wickets u need. now offcourse i would feel sad for saf if they don't get enough time to bowl Indian batsmans out.. but still 3 days left.. and even if they get 150 overs to bowl and fail to bowl India out.. then it's their loss..
don't really agree with u here.. there is nothing like deserve stuff here mate. Saf showed good strength after bowling India out for 76 in first innings.. but if see.. it's a test match. the team has to be good twice not just once.. they have to bowl India out in 2nd innings too to win.. 20 wickets u need. now offcourse i would feel sad for saf if they don't get enough time to bowl Indian batsmans out.. but still 3 days left.. and even if they get 150 overs to bowl and fail to bowl India out.. then it's their loss..
Ticz, Are you saying India is gonna last 150 overz in 2nd Inn? Thatz a wild dream mate. They lasted all of 20 in 1st...even if you give 5 times better, that will be max 100 overz they can last. 150 is just wild! IMO - the match is not going into day-5 - no chance.
Guest Hiten.
Ticz, Are you saying India is gonna last 150 overz in 2nd Inn? Thatz a wild dream mate. They lasted all of 20 in 1st...even if you give 5 times better, that will be max 100 overz they can last. 150 is just wild! IMO - the match is not going into day-5 - no chance.
Why don't you support a team which comprises likes of Superman, Spiderman, Batman et al. They might pass your 'fire test' of winning and pasting the opposition on the wall every time they step on the field.
i'm not saying they will bat 150.. i'm sayin, if they do.. and saffers fail to bowl them out.. then it's saffers prb why they couldn't get 10 wickets in that many overs.. so they won't have any excuse even if Rain disrupts play today.. i hope they do.. but then.. i am not playing. i don't have control over the shots our player gonna chose while batting..
Why don't you support a team which comprises likes of Superman' date=' Spiderman, Batman et al. They might pass your 'fire test' of winning and pasting the opposition on the wall every time they step on the field.[/quote'] No, my criteria is not winning every time. But a humiliating 76 all out, on any pitch - forget that it is even in subcontinental pitch on day 1, is befitting a Bangladesh (maybe not even Bangladesh). That is downright abysmal batting. Followed by opposition pasting you with centuries and double centuries. SA is treating us like we are minnows of the lowest order.
No, my criteria is not winning every time. But a humiliating 76 all out, on any pitch - forget that it is even in subcontinental pitch on day 1, is befitting a Bangladesh (maybe not even Bangladesh). That is downright abysmal batting. Followed by opposition pasting you with centuries and double centuries. SA is treating us like we are minnows of the lowest order.
Are you saying we're not minnows given the performance in the present match? I certainly think we batted and bowled like them. Now I'm going to completely contradict myself by saying that minnows doesn't really make any sense in cricket. Its anyone's game on any given day (except if you have like 2 batsmen trying to bat 100 overs). You maybe the best on the earth by potential but you have to deliver on that day. If you don't, you lose. So, given by potential and not past record, we have the batting lineup to stand for 180+ overs. If Dravid can find himself in, we can bat all 5 days and have 100 on the board. So, let us not give up hope just yet, and we've been more consistent in the recent past than we have ever been. Thats certainly good. Yeah, performances like these demoralize the fans and the players but we have to live with it. Cricket's a strange game like that and I love it for that. After saying this, what angers me is if the players were really not focused on this game but rather the IPL and the money associated with it. Then, they don't deserve any support. But since that hasn't been proved, lets support our team, and hope that either history is repeated or that it created.
Are you saying we're not minnows given the performance in the present match? I certainly think we batted and bowled like them. Now I'm going to completely contradict myself by saying that minnows doesn't really make any sense in cricket. Its anyone's game on any given day (except if you have like 2 batsmen trying to bat 100 overs). You maybe the best on the earth by potential but you have to deliver on that day. If you don't, you lose. So, given by potential and not past record, we have the batting lineup to stand for 180+ overs. If Dravid can find himself in, we can bat all 5 days and have 100 on the board. So, let us not give up hope just yet, and we've been more consistent in the recent past than we have ever been. Thats certainly good. Yeah, performances like these demoralize the fans and the players but we have to live with it. Cricket's a strange game like that and I love it for that. After saying this, what angers me is if the players were really not focused on this game but rather the IPL and the money associated with it. Then, they don't deserve any support. But since that hasn't been proved, lets support our team, and hope that either history is repeated or that it created.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
i would have been happy if we had 7 batsman with TENDULKAR. Without him i dont even expect us to score more than 300 let alone reducing the lead.
i would have been happy if we had 7 batsman with TENDULKAR. Without him i dont even expect us to score more than 300 let alone reducing the lead.
Not to sound very arrogant but Sachin's contributions have been below average in the 2nd innings of Test Matches. There have been some gems but not consistent enough to say that it would have a profound effect on the match. But I still would agree with you that because he has the potential to score big, I would have loved him on this pitch and perhaps he would've given Dravid some support that Laxman did in the first innings.