This Australia series win reminds me of T20 WC win in 2007

Not sure if anyone else feels the same but I find startling similarity between two events.

Back in 2007 all our main players were missing (Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, Zaheer etc.) and a young team was sent under a fresh captain without any expectations. Boys just enjoyed themselves, expressed themselves without any pressure and won the trophy. In the process, some unknown names became overnight stars like Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan etc.

This Australian tour was very similar in many ways. No regular captain, many senior pros are out injured and a fresh captain. No one gave this team any chance what so ever but boys rose to the occassion, expressed themselves without any baggage and created history. Some potential stars were also born like Subhman Gill, Mohammed Siraj etc.

If it was Yuvraj Singh was back in 2007....Rishabh Pant now.

Rohit Sharma back then and Shubhman Gill now.

Joginder Sharma then and Natarajan now?

Players were given open bus ride heros welcome back in 2007.

Players got superstar welcome this time too with PM praising etc.

2007 T20 WC win sky rocket T20 format's popularity in India.

Lets see if this win reignite test match popularity back in India.

Your thoughts on similarity in both the tournaments?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Common thing among both is a lesson that dont be afraid of throwing our youngsters in deep end , they are good enough. Whenever we have tried to play safe n conservative cricket we have ended up on the wrong side. Dhoni best captaincy moments were when he took risk which is what virat often doesnt. Hardik pandya is another example who has been fast tracked and learned very quickly. Many were not ready to give siraj a chance coz of his lack of experience . So we shudnt be so afraid with our youngsters. I remember this warne interview when he was with RR and he said we are not afraid of throwing these guys in tough situations

India's glorious summer in Australia reminiscent of the West Indies in 1960-61 — they deserve the same fanfare

In the history of cricket in Australia, the 1960–61 tour by the West Indies stands out like a beacon.

Australia won that five-match series 60 years ago 2-1, but the West Indies captured the hearts and minds of the country.

The tour was unique in so many ways, not least that it was the first West Indian touring team to be captained by a black man, Frank Worrell, but also for the enormous goodwill that emerged between the two sides.

At least 90,000 spectators turned up for the first day of the fifth Test.

After Australia won it by two wickets, Worrell presented Australian captain Richie Benaud with his cap, tie and blazer, along with the comments "I give Richie my scalp, my neck and my body".

Days later, tens of thousands of Melbournians lined the city streets 10-deep as the West Indies were given a motorcade send-off for a series that was said to have rescued cricket.

Worrell later said "the traffic was literally stopped…people were to be seen lining the streets, leaning out of windows three or four storeys up".

"They Lost the Series — But They Won Australia" read the Daily Telegraph's front-page headline on the report of the motorcade.

Sixty years later, in these strange COVID times, how different is it for an Indian team — that has risen above all barriers to win the Test series 2-1 — which will quietly slip out of the country today with little fanfare.

It seems wrong for a team that has pulled off what Sambit Bal writing for Cricinfo called "the greatest moment in India's Test history" by retaining the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Just imagine the send-off they would have received in a COVID-free world if they could have been driven in open-top cars through the streets of Sydney or Melbourne with their huge Indian populations of adoring fans.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-20/india-series-win-recalls-great-west-indies-team-of-1960-61/13072864

Edited by Bundaberg

To be honest it reminded me of cb series also 

Nobody excepted us to win dhoni opted for five bowlers and other than zak we did not have good bowler and zak was injured

It was first tour for Praveen Kumar ,manoj tiwary,Ishant Sharma 

Instead of jadeja we had irfan pathan who was all rounder and harbhajan used to bat like thakur we had left senior player like dravid and Ganguly for the tour and still we won series