Jaws and Sholay - the two impactful films of 1975

zen

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

Tara rum pum? Theres no similarity :hmmm:

I do not recall the name of the film but when Saif, a race driver, loses his wealth, he (and his wife) makes living in poverty appear like a game to his kids. Which is inspired from Life is Beautiful where living in a concentration camp is made to look like a game for a kid by his dad. 

On 3/2/2021 at 7:34 PM, Clarke said:

Yep, that El Indio inspired the Gabbar character is obvious. To those who have seen Sholay but haven't seen the man with no name trilogy, this poster from the latter should suffice. 

image.jpeg.184434b6a50ebc223ba46466e9ed122d.jpeg

The Gabbar Singh character is inspired by Vinod Khanna's Jabbar Singh from Mera Gaon Mera Des. This is by Salim Khan's own admission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYtEeuU4qLA

35 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The Gabbar Singh character is inspired by Vinod Khanna's Jabbar Singh from Mera Gaon Mera Des. This is by Salim Khan's own admission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYtEeuU4qLA

But for viewers to judge, the look and feel were all to see. Maybe the name was inspired from MGMD, but some of the scenes like squashing an ant was totally copied from El Indio character and also the villainous guffaw 

Edited by coffee_rules

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

But for viewers to judge, the look and feel were all to see. Maybe the name was inspired from MGMD, but some of the scenes like squashing an ant was totally copied from El Indio character and also the villainous guffaw 

I saw the Indio vid posted earlier in this thread. Honestly I don't see much of a similarity. Indio seems like a reserved and laconic villain. Gabbar Singh was loud, brash and in your face.

I don't know what ant squashing scene you speak of. Can't recall that in Sholay. Links pls?

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I saw the Indio vid posted earlier in this thread. Honestly I don't see much of a similarity. Indio seems like a reserved and laconic villain. Gabbar Singh was loud, brash and in your face.

I don't know what ant squashing scene you speak of. Can't recall that in Sholay. Links pls?

At 0:20

I can’t find the same ant scene from FAFDM, but it is there. Copied. But of the dramatic scenes of El Indio will remind you of Gabbar