Four beheadings in 10 days: All is not well in Tamil Nadu

randomGuy

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

That is the future of India as well. Sorry for being blunt. The way talent is going abroad, India will soon be country of cab drivers, maids and daily laborer's. 

Out of 10 cousins, from my father and mother's side, I am the only one left in India. All gone to USA or Canada.

And we have a governement that only wants to encourage brain drain, rather than stop it

Modi Govt Shirks Brain Drain Era Mindset, India Plans to Export Talent to the World (news18.com)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The only way india can stop brain drain is if we stop caste based reservations and become more focussed on merit. 

Never going to happen so may as well increase our folks outside while increasing money sent back home by nris

1 minute ago, bharathh said:

I know many including myself who have returned to India from the US and other countries. The quality of life I have here is multitudes better than I ever had in the US. 

Main factor is to be with family though. Only thing I really miss are the quality of roads and the relative absence of traffic there. 

BTW the article says... 

The policy plans to make it easier for masons, carpenters and plumbers, among other skilled persons, to get jobs overseas by laying a roadmap that will track the requirement of such professionals abroad as well as the certifications required in different countries.

If i were in your place, i will also miss cleaner enviornment, cleaner surroundings, people with civic sense and a much more cleaner administration.

if you belong to that class which has lot of family influence, india is the best place. 

4 minutes ago, bharathh said:

The only way india can stop brain drain is if we stop caste based reservations and become more focussed on merit. 

Never going to happen so may as well increase our folks outside while increasing money sent back home by nris

No way. Our society will never become meritocratic.

The sheer amount of diversity will ensure that caste, relationships and family connections trump the sheer ability. 

1 minute ago, kepler37b said:

If i were in your place, i will also miss cleaner enviornment, cleaner surroundings, people with civic sense and a much more cleaner administration.

if you belong to that class which has lot of family influence, india is the best place. 

Not really. Things have changed a lot for the positive here in India imo.. From filing police cases, buying selling houses, getting gov docs etc. to doing all sorts of work I have never needed to go looking for influence. Not that I have anyone that can help anyways. 

The apts in Bangalore are top notch. You don't miss anything apart from the roads. 

16 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Govt. Jobs are 3 Cr total(excluding armed forces) - 32 lac central, 2.5 cr state, 18 lac PSU jobs.

Govt jobs have reservation but new recruitments are coming down as Governments have budget constraints.

India has had 100s of years of caste discrimination. I believe reservation system should go on (even though I am not from SC,ST,obc). 

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Govt. Jobs are 3 Cr total(excluding armed forces) - 32 lac central, 2.5 cr state, 18 lac PSU jobs.

Govt jobs have reservation but new recruitments are coming down as Governments have budget constraints.

India has had 100s of years of caste discrimination. I believe reservation system should go on (even though I am not from SC,ST,obc). 

We need lot's of judges/lawyers/police officers/constables/ tax men.  But we vote for people who gives us doles and free money thereby bleeding the tax payer.

BTW, even i believe the reservation system should go on for some time. But do not touch the private enterprise.

34 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Not really. Things have changed a lot for the positive here in India imo.. From filing police cases, buying selling houses, getting gov docs etc. to doing all sorts of work I have never needed to go looking for influence. Not that I have anyone that can help anyways. 

The apts in Bangalore are top notch. You don't miss anything apart from the roads. 

I think you are an real estate builder in Bengaluru :giggle: 

For your line of business, India is the best :aha:.

Lot's of emotional fools willing to sell their kidney for a suspended box in the sky.

I think you are an real estate builder in Bengaluru :giggle: 

For your line of business, India is the best :aha:.

Lot's of emotional fools willing to sell their kidney for a suspended box in the sky.

:phehe:

I did work for one though. It's a very tough business. Not easy at all. Pretty nasty line. 

No I was talking about life in general.

We need lot's of judges/lawyers/police officers/constables/ tax men.  But we vote for people who gives us doles and free money thereby bleeding the tax payer.

BTW, even i believe the reservation system should go on for some time. But do not touch the private enterprise.

With 7th pay commission etc. it has become very expensive to hire Govt employees. For ex. Senior govt. school Teachers in delhi earn 1.5 lac+ per month (Even during summer vacations). In this money, one can hire 6 equally hard working contract teachers.

Governments have realised this and is hiring contractual staff and not permanent staff.

15 hours ago, ash said:

True, but the levels vary. The casteism in the urban areas is subtle, more about mental harassment and exploitation. Small towns and villages are worse. This is true to the entire country tbh. 

other than south TN  , rest of the areas rarely see caste violence .. even vanniyar areas are calm in the recent years 

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

That is the future of India as well. Sorry for being blunt. The way talent is going abroad, India will soon be country of cab drivers, maids and daily laborer's. 

Out of 10 cousins, from my father and mother's side, I am the only one left in India. All gone to USA or Canada.

And we have a governement that only wants to encourage brain drain, rather than stop it

Modi Govt Shirks Brain Drain Era Mindset, India Plans to Export Talent to the World (news18.com)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

While I agree that quality of life is good from the outside, when one retires from their job or gets older or with a disease(s) is where the reality starts kicking in. Western countries don't value the non-working man and age discrimination exists. This added to the existing material nature of the modern western civilization means more ways of legally taking your money away through taxation and guilt tripping methods of extortion. This is coming to India as well with the new administration trying to make "bail-in" into the legal framework of this country. Even western countries don't have that clause.

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

I know many including myself who have returned to India from the US and other countries. The quality of life I have here is multitudes better than I ever had in the US. 

Main factor is to be with family though. Only thing I really miss are the quality of roads and the relative absence of traffic there. 

BTW the article says... 

The policy plans to make it easier for masons, carpenters and plumbers, among other skilled persons, to get jobs overseas by laying a roadmap that will track the requirement of such professionals abroad as well as the certifications required in different countries.

While family is a factor, traffic and roads are something trivial. roads has always been that way in India and I've come to accept it as a way of life. Think of it this way. The public are also irresponisble. Most of them buy these high end cars and motorbikes with their money whether or not its earnt by work or loot. They drive them like they are driving in Europe but without the European discipline. I welcome heavy traffic as a means to prevent accidents from happening :laugh: 

what is more sinister is the finanical policy described above, digitization of money and the increasing nonsense of hatred between groups. politics is not what we think it is. both parties need some division tactics. one cannot exist without the other. its usually the middle class and poor that end up in the cold war and the real rich guys always getting away with the money.

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Reservation system - if it should exist at all - should only be for the economically weaker sections of society.

Until we stop perpetuating discrimination in the name of caste - we will never be free from the ills of the caste system. 

14 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Reservation system - if it should exist at all - should only be for the economically weaker sections of society.

Until we stop perpetuating discrimination in the name of caste - we will never be free from the ills of the caste system. 

Disagree. There should be caste based reservation in Govt. Jobs. We owe this at the very least to the castes whom we have discriminated against for centuries. Within reservation there is a case for preference to backward caste people who never got a government job in their family.

There are major flaws many obc castes don't deserve to be obc because they weren't discriminated against...But that doesn't mean that caste reservation is bad as a whole.

4 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Disagree. There should be caste based reservation in Govt. Jobs. We owe this at the very least to the castes whom we have discriminated against for centuries. Within reservation there is a case for preference to backward caste people who never got a government job in their family.

There are major flaws many obc castes don't deserve to be obc because they weren't discriminated against...But that doesn't mean that caste reservation is bad as a whole.

Is that how things work in India? Are jobs given to ppl who don't have jobs in the govt based on their caste already? IAS officers and those with lofty govt jobs don't get their children into premier schools/colleges/jobs based on their caste? Before anyone claims this is an aberration - this is the norm. Why have all initiatives towards preventing those in the creamy layer from availing freebies based on their caste again been prevented over and over? Because this is human nature. It is basically the caste system again - just in reverse.

Also - why should undeserving/unqualified ppl be given jobs only based on their birth? I am all for trying to make things a level playing field at lower education levels. Why should ppl get a free ride into college and jobs. It doesn't stop there... they need to be promoted as well whether or not they do any work just based on their caste? 

Where does this stop? What incentive does anyone have to work for progress?

Edited by bharathh

TN is a basketcase at the moment - look at the bull against national exams like the NEET. The DMK want an end to all national standardized testing apparently. Why? Because the standard of education is so abysmal in TN now due to the pathetic appeasement of unqualified/mediocre ppl into decision making/powers of position? 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Is that how things work in India? Are jobs given to ppl who don't have jobs in the govt based on their caste already? IAS officers and those with lofty govt jobs don't get their children into premier schools/colleges/jobs based on their caste? Before anyone claims this is an aberration - this is the norm. Why have all initiatives towards preventing those in the creamy layer from availing freebies based on their caste again been prevented over and over? Because this is human nature. It is basically the caste system again - just in reverse.

Also - why should undeserving/unqualified ppl be given jobs only based on their birth? I am all for trying to make things a level playing field at lower education levels. Why should ppl get a free ride into college and jobs. It doesn't stop there... they need to be promoted as well whether or not they do any work just based on their caste? 

Where does this stop? What incentive does anyone have to work for progress?

Your solution of abolishing of caste based reservation is what I don't agree with. Within caste based reservations there are many things which must be corrected. No denying that.

If caste based reservation has to be abolished, the discrimination has to stop. Many non-sc/st people would not like to marry in sc/st caste for example.... this has to change.

12 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Your solution of abolishing of caste based reservation is what I don't agree with. Within caste based reservations there are many things which must be corrected. No denying that.

If caste based reservation has to be abolished, the discrimination has to stop. Many non-sc/st people would not like to marry in sc/st caste for example.... this has to change.

What does marriage have to do with reservations for jobs and education? 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

What does marriage have to do with reservations for jobs and education? 

Does this need explaining? Many People would marry their children, if they have to, in a non-sc/st caste which is different to theirs but would not like marrying in sc/st castes...this is prejudice , discrimination example...

If a SC person is not allowed to drink water from a well which belongs to another caste, you will again say what does water have to do with reservation and jobs. Lol.