Four beheadings in 10 days: All is not well in Tamil Nadu

randomGuy

Truly sad.  Eye-for-eye.  Body-for-body.  Head-for-head.  No matter what their background is, these are human lives taken for no reason.  Om Shanti and may peace prevail.  

On a broader note:

When you let your descent define your identity, you get sucked into "us" vs "them" battles.  Until humanity loses this mentality, such incidents will not cease.  

9 minutes ago, bharathh said:

All of Tamil Nadu is a casteist hellhole 

True, but the levels vary. The casteism in the urban areas is subtle, more about mental harassment and exploitation. Small towns and villages are worse. This is true to the entire country tbh. 

1 minute ago, ash said:

True, but the levels vary. The casteism in the urban areas is subtle, more about mental harassment and exploitation. Small towns and villages are worse. This is true to the entire country tbh. 

True. I find Karnataka to be a lot better though.. not as much negativity. Here it is more about trying to elevate some castes than put them down. In TN it's more about denigrating some castes and lately religion. TN is headed for a bloody civil war the way things are going.

3 minutes ago, bharathh said:

True. I find Karnataka to be a lot better though.. not as much negativity. Here it is more about trying to elevate some castes than put them down. In TN it's more about denigrating some castes and lately religion. TN is headed for a bloody civil war the way things are going.

Just compare the movies. Tamil movies have blatantly referred to caste divide in most hit/mainstream movioes. Kannada movies is still in the entertainment zone and not a means  to score a political point about SJ. Pa Ranjith is one of the famous name living by the caste divide.

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just compare the movies. Tamil movies have blatantly referred to caste divide in most hit/mainstream movioes. Kannada movies is still in the entertainment zone and not a means  to score a political point about SJ. Pa Ranjith is one of the famous name living by the caste divide.

Tamil movies up until 00s were entertainment movies too. Pa Ranjith is a piece of sh1t. There are major players in the Tamil movie industry who are not even Tamils. I would assume Ranjith belongs in this category. Check the Rajni movies of the past like Sivaji, Padayappa, etc and today's movies of his such as kabali, kaala, and petta. Rajini is known for his epic masala movies. Now he has a message :facepalm:

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Tamil ppl have really become so intolerant over the past few decades. From one of the most cosmopolitan and educated to a cheri culture. The Dravidian parties have ruined the state.

'Cheri' culture is such an elitist term. It is not their fault that people belong in the Cheri or a ghetto. People in 'Cheri' are culprits is again just a mainstream elitist opinion. 

Edited by ash

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

There were many movies in the 90s hyping up the dominant BC castes in Tamil cinema. Those are the ones that needs to be targeted. Ranjith/Mari are the voice of the oppressed. What problem do you have with a film like Pariyerum Perumal, assuming you have seen that. 

Edited by ash

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Tamil ppl have really become so intolerant over the past few decades. From one of the most cosmopolitan and educated to a cheri culture. The Dravidian parties have ruined the state.

TN is at the top in all development and social index measures, but yeah sure keep saying that Dravidian parties have ruined the state. Whatever floats your boat. 

cheri culture is not spoken about openly in the cities because of risk of being called an elitist as the above post does. its a ghetto culture where you don't get out of your own circle and imbibe most of the habits of low income/unemployed people. also the threat of action by authorities and in some areas gangs doesn't help them. I feel sorry for them but again not so much when they show their nastiness towards me and other middle class guys as though I'm a rich man who is keeping them down. so what the parties and the movie industry wants is that this culture become the dominant culture of TN as opposed to our ancient culture so that they can run their own fiefdoms over a stupid population with mouths of sailors. So how does this help anyone let alone those who live in those cheris. If this continues, the best brains will move out of TN to the west, nearby cities like Bangalore, Mumbai leaving TN to rot. It has already happened but this will hasten the process.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

cheri culture is not spoken about openly in the cities because of risk of being called an elitist as the above post does. its a ghetto culture where you don't get out of your own circle and imbibe most of the habits of low income/unemployed people. also the threat of action by authorities and in some areas gangs doesn't help them. I feel sorry for them but again not so much when they show their nastiness towards me and other middle class guys as though I'm a rich man who is keeping them down. so what the parties and the movie industry wants is that this culture become the dominant culture of TN as opposed to our ancient culture so that they can run their own fiefdoms over a stupid population with mouths of sailors. So how does this help anyone let alone those who live in those cheris. If this continues, the best brains will move out of TN to the west, nearby cities like Bangalore, Mumbai leaving TN to rot. It has already happened but this will hasten the process.

This started 5-6 years back. I dont blame them. TN is a casteist communal hellhole, losing touch with it its Tamizh identity while outwardly posturing its identity.

7 hours ago, ash said:

'Cheri' culture is such an elitist term. It is not their fault that people belong in the Cheri or a ghetto. People in 'Cheri' are culprits is again just a mainstream elitist opinion. 

Today - cheri culture is shown as the only representative of Tamil culture. Tamil is one of the most beautiful languages - but seeing how it is represented in TN today - I baulk at watching/associating with this. 

Elitist I may seem to you. Doesn't change the crassness of how Tamil is represented today. Anyone having a view to the contrary is immediately called names. Very similar to the climate of the country today. Only one view disseminated by the Dravidian parties is correct. Who made them the sole owners of anything Tamil? 

7 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

This started 5-6 years back. I dont blame them. TN is a casteist communal hellhole, losing touch with it its Tamizh identity while outwardly posturing its identity.

That is the future of India as well. Sorry for being blunt. The way talent is going abroad, India will soon be country of cab drivers, maids and daily laborer's. 

Out of 10 cousins, from my father and mother's side, I am the only one left in India. All gone to USA or Canada.

And we have a governement that only wants to encourage brain drain, rather than stop it

Modi Govt Shirks Brain Drain Era Mindset, India Plans to Export Talent to the World (news18.com)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Edited by kepler37b

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Today - cheri culture is shown as the only representative of Tamil culture. Tamil is one of the most beautiful languages - but seeing how it is represented in TN today - I baulk at watching/associating with this. 

Elitist I may seem to you. Doesn't change the crassness of how Tamil is represented today. Anyone having a view to the contrary is immediately called names. Very similar to the climate of the country today. Only one view disseminated by the Dravidian parties is correct. Who made them the sole owners of anything Tamil? 

Even the "owner" of those parties are not Tamil. So you can say they are trying to destroy Tamil by infiltration. You are right that anyone who has different views on the culture today is branded as being elitist and other names.

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

That is the future of India as well. Sorry for being blunt. The way talent is going abroad, India will soon be country of cab drivers, maids and daily laborer's. 

Out of 10 cousins, from my father and mother's side, I am the only one left in India. All gone to USA or Canada.

And we have a governement that only wants to encourage brain drain, rather than stop it

Modi Govt Shirks Brain Drain Era Mindset, India Plans to Export Talent to the World (news18.com)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I know many including myself who have returned to India from the US and other countries. The quality of life I have here is multitudes better than I ever had in the US. 

Main factor is to be with family though. Only thing I really miss are the quality of roads and the relative absence of traffic there. 

BTW the article says... 

The policy plans to make it easier for masons, carpenters and plumbers, among other skilled persons, to get jobs overseas by laying a roadmap that will track the requirement of such professionals abroad as well as the certifications required in different countries.