Abdul razzaq comes out with his bizarre logic and statements once again.

Mesky99

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Kapil was never a benchmark for Imran, please come out of your lala land. 

Imran started before Kapil and was already an established player when Kapil arrived. 

Also, I hate to say this but Imran was by far the better player in tests. 

In Odis Kapil is the GOAT all rounder, actually Indians themselves underrate him in lois. 

Even with out 'ball tampering' factor, 'Imran  by far the better player in tests'  is wrong.

Because the contexts they played in were soooo different. In bowling  longevity, work load, support bowling strength all had their effects on   Kapil's end average of 29.64.

because of these factors I consider Kapil a 26.25-26.75 average range  bowler when compared to Imran . In batting, Imran's end average  is  highly inflated by huge no: of not outs.On a parallel  note , I can never  take Jadeja's average as such because of  the same factor. I would put maximum  value of only 35.5 for Imran's bat average of 37.69.

Again longevity affected Kapil's end  batting average. Add to that  his Sehwag like bat str: of 81-82.5, his record against Windies in Windies , the superior quality  in general  of his substantial innings  when compare to those of Imran.  Kapil was the better batsman of the 2 . In captaincy Imran was slightly better , but Kapil was an even better fielder. 

That means even in tests , they were  neck and neck.

Add ODI's where batting str: , bowling  econ: & fielding  carries lots of weightage , Kapil  was the over all better for me.

Add tampering into it the whole dimension changes &  I  consider Kapil the convincingly better all rounder.

Edited by rtmohanlal