Dravid's future

Guest Hiten.

Dravid's future  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest Hiten.

Continuing our discussion over RD's future. The poll question is Hari's view/opinion based on his T20 dreadful form. Please vote away.

This is the single most retarded, dumb statement I have ever heard in a loooooooooooong time. Dravid is an ATLAS who towers over a sea of countless mere mortals. In fact, I think he should be in the list of top 100 cricketers ever to have played the game. If the Indian cricketers of the future generations can do 5% of what RD has done in his cricketing career, then we will be a cricketing super-power till the world is destroyed due to global warming.

This is the single most retarded, dumb statement I have ever heard in a loooooooooooong time. Dravid is an ATLAS who towers over a sea of countless mere mortals. In fact, I think he should be in the list of top 100 cricketers ever to have played the game. If the Indian cricketers of the future generations can do 5% of what RD has done in his cricketing career, then we will be a cricketing super-power till the world destroyed due to global warming.
:hatsoff: Seriously, if the other 10 people (barring Sachin, Ganguly, Laxman, Kumble of course) have shown as much commitment to the game and to the team's cause, we would've been winning games for the past 5 years. Unfortunately, we haven't. You've got people claiming that T20 doesn't even deserve to be a game ( I think it does - just for fun, not to be taken very seriously) and then you've got people like Hari claiming that Dravid has shamed himself cause he couldn't be a very good player of 2020. :confused_smile: Test cricket is the pinnacle and ODIs can also be a tool to measure the player's ability because it has time for the player to build an innings, where as T20 doesn't. Putting things in perspective always helps and unfortunately, for someone who is as involved with cricket as Hari is, it is unfortunate such comments are coming from him.

WTF ??? RD is one of the BEST batsman India has ever produced ! I wud love to see him leave on a HIGH note , I'm sure he'll prove it in the Ozzie series later this year. And whoever labels RD as disgraceful,shameful etc has to be a RETARD. @ Poll - There's no need for Poll at all ! Nobody wud like to see RD leave in that condition,afterall he's one player who has never played for himself.

And who in God's green Earth gives a damn bout T20 anyway? Everyone like it, its wonderfully entertaining, unfailingly enthralling and refreshingly captivating. But T20 is after all, horse-sh!t fcking T20. I am not sure I even remember a SINGLE shot of McCullum's 158 in the opening match of the tournament, but boy, Dont I remember EVERY damn delivery of Dravid's 148 against England at Leeds or what! T20 is just a lame side-dish. Something you need to spice up the main course. But you cant survive on side-dishes alone. Test cricket is the Daddy of all cricket, and RD has been India's most accomplished test cricketer, period. And actually, its a pity Dravid was born in the same era as Sachin was. If else, he would have been heralded as the single most greatest cricketer India had ever produced, along with an honorable mention of Kumble.

hari u have just lost it..RD is still one of out best test players and just because he is prodding and defending in T20 it doesn mean he has lost his cricketing brain or knowledge or watever u say so..T20 is not even a format of cricket to judge players..its jus for fun and it shd stay that way..yes some of the captaincy decisions by RD has been weird so jus coz of this u think that he is a disgrace to cricket..as MM said if the youngsters can imbibe RDs batting qualities they wud do wonders to our team..RD has been our best test player for a long time and he wud go down as one of the cricketing greats..

Guest Hiten.
blue brigade, u packhole.. why didn't u check mark the option of reavling who voted where.. damn it
g@@ndu bhool gaya :finger:

This is the single most retarded, dumb statement I have ever heard in a loooooooooooong time. Dravid is an ATLAS who towers over a sea of countless mere mortals. In fact, I think he should be in the list of top 100 cricketers ever to have played the game. If the Indian cricketers of the future generations can do 5% of what RD has done in his cricketing career, then we will be a cricketing super-power till the world is destroyed due to global warming.
i think dravid would rank in all time best 25 cricketers list, forget 100

Guest HariSampath
All I can say is that the 1 person to vote 'Yes' so far has not been Hari. :D Since it's a private poll' date=' I'm not going to reveal who that is, for his/her safety. :laugh:[/quote'] Simple. I have not voted because the poll question itself is a twisted and distorted statement , attributed out of context to me. To shed further darkness on light :giggle: here goes... For quite sometime now, RD and his test performances have been under attack by many people including the likes of Shastri, Gavaskar etc, ever since the home Test series against Pakistan. It is an undisputed fact ,one that Dravid himself has publicly acknowledged in Chennai after 10,000 runs and a 100 that his test batting had been falling away for one year, unlike anytime else in his career. And in Australia too, many attributed loss of momentum early on to India losing the Melbourne test. In fact even when he got the Chennai 100, almost evryone said it was not at all a good effort. Now, we all know that Dravid has been dropped from the ODI team, back home itself, and Dhoni specifically did not want to consider him and Ganguly. Despite all this, apparently Dravid harbors interest in playing ODIs...that is his right, just as Ganguly too does, nothing wrong. BUT it has a cost attached to it should he still not announce retirment from ODI's like Kumble gracefully did. All the accumulated dignity and grace of a decade will be lost, and a struggling Dravid , already out of scheme of things in IDIs, will only find it very hard to retain his test place, as he will be perceived as "one who wants to stick on even after knowing he has lost it" If this continues, and if he has just one more bad series, he will no doubt be very shaky in retaining his test spot, and there are others knocking at the door too. In the context of all this, if Dravid accepted his "iconic" role as a T20 captain and a batter and also has accepted a 3 year contract for 1 million each year for what he brings to the table for T20...not only this year, but next 2 years too, people will start questioning his motivation and he will soon become the object of ridicule, as he is already becoming. laxman avoided this by rejecting the Iconic status...Dravid and Ganguly did not. When this is happening and also if there are continued test failures, the most common opinion of Dravid will be , all over the country " he is not going to retire from tests...even if he doesnt perform, he didnt retire from ODIs and had to be dropped, he is useless in T20 but still sits as an icon for $ 1 million per year and is just here for the money"...if this is not being disgraced in the pub lic eye, what else is ? Out of what I had outlined, the ODI part and T20 part of it are already happening...and merely tests are hanging on, and with his struggling batting in the evening of his career, he doesnt make big runs...that too would be gone soon..and with it any possiblity of a graceful exit. I dont want that to happen....but it may well happen .

Guest HariSampath
i think dravid would rank in all time best 25 cricketers list' date=' forget 100[/quote'] Possibly within Bangalore's top 25 :giggle:

Possibly within Bangalore's top 25 :giggle:
Rahul Dravid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HariSampath In Fact Rahul Dravid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of his criticizers What has Kallis done? Why aren't you picking on him you bastards?

Dravid is one of the best Test batsman in the game of cricket. All this 2020 circus ain't taking that away from RD :hail: ----------- PS: Mods can access private polls to see who voted? If thats the case, pls disable pvt polls and make all polls public. Let all users have the same transparency to see who voted RD shud be disgraced (as well as other polls in future) Why only selective ppl are seeing into pvt polls!?