Thank you Test Captain Virat Kohli

sandeep

Just now, Pollack said:

One thing that kohli is credited for among the many is India being more dominant in India. Well India produced more spin friendly tracks now than before. 

Eng series after the 1st test (which was more batting friendly and led us to getting a whooping) was a good example. I recall the days when a lot of pattas existed. I remember that match where sehwag-dravid made a 400-odd opening partnership

On 1/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, mishra said:

Thank you for making India a most mediocre batting lineup in its cricketing history.

I think even Gavaskar era had better batting lineup.

well, gavaskar had a long career. in his time, but at different periods, he played with vishwanath, amarnath, vengsarkar, sidhu, and azhar, all of whom had avgs of 40+. Moreover, likes of shastri had 40+ avg as opener. so, yes, it was a pretty decent batting lineup. bowling, however, was v. poor once spin trio retired or became ineffective.

10 hours ago, Vijy said:

well, gavaskar had a long career. in his time, but at different periods, he played with vishwanath, amarnath, vengsarkar, sidhu, and azhar, all of whom had avgs of 40+. Moreover, likes of shastri had 40+ avg as opener. so, yes, it was a pretty decent batting lineup. bowling, however, was v. poor once spin trio retired or became ineffective.

Exactly, And look at averages of top 5 bats of India. Current batting lineup can be easily considered as worst top order in history of our batting. Thats the feat he achived apart from giving us defeats against arch rivals Pakistan and empty trophy cabinets. This guy needs to unceremoniously go.

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Exactly, And look at averages of top 5 bats of India. Current batting lineup can be easily considered as worst top order in history of our batting. Thats the feat he achived apart from giving us defeats against arch rivals Pakistan and empty trophy cabinets. This guy needs to unceremoniously go.

in the last 2 yrs, this is certainly the worst middle order batting lineup I've seen for india, even accounting for bowling-friendly conditions.