IPL 2022 || Bowling Record of Indian Pacers in the Death Overs (15-20)

DarkProfile

I've excluded the following cases:

1) No spinners, even if they've bowled in the death overs.

2) When a pacer is bowling to tailenders (i.e., pure bowlers are batting on the crease).

3) When a pacer is bowling in less than 15 overs (in cases where the chasing team has easily chased the target within 15-16 overs).

Here's the Google spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LPZXRA00fx1xa-0bZueV51XvXhhAl2uw5OYp1zWdcjY/edit?usp=sharing

I'll keep updating the sheets as the tournament progresses.

image.thumb.png.250260eecc57e7de7534f36264915952.png

Edited by DarkProfile

Khaleel and Nattu look the most promising. Although Khaleel has bowled half the overs than Nattu.

Avesh shows potential to improve. And I can now see why the TM persists with Bhuvi :smile:

Harshal and Arshdeep are containing bowler in the deaths, but they hardly take any wickets.

Siraj, Shami, Thakur, Prasidh, etc. are not at all death bowlers.

Edited by DarkProfile

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Wow ! did you go through all the scorecards?

Yes, I spent my entire night after the match on this :sad:

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hey can u also make a 7-15 over one, lets see who are the bowlers who do well in that phase 

I encourage other posters to do the same. The spreadsheet is public for reading/writing to everyone. We can change the name of the spreadsheet to Indian Bowlers in IPL, and then add sheets in it with titles: Death Overs (15-20), Middle Phase (7-15), Opening Phase (1-6), etc. I want this effort to be more democratic. Otherwise cricket will take over my private life :sorry:

I've updated the spreadsheet:

1) Cleaned up the irrelevant data.

2) Added a new column Country to the table. Default sheet-view is country selected to India only. But if you want, you can select all the countries and the list will give you the figures for the bowlers of all countries in IPL.

3) Added Formulae for calculating B. Avg., Str. Rate and Econ. Now, you just need to enter the overs, runs and wickets for a bowler and the sheet automatically calculates these figures.

4) Renamed the spreadsheet to IPL2022 || Bowling Record of Pacers. The sub-sheet is renamed to Death Overs (15-20). Later, we can add more sub-sheets: Initial Overs (1-6) & Middle Overs (7-15).

5) Deleted the old screenshot in the OP and attached the updated screenshot.

Edited by DarkProfile

Basically everybody travels. Sometimes death bowling look good if the opposition is like 7 or 8 down like Bhuvi was so good against Bumrah. But Nattu got the cop from Tim David.  Depends on who you bowl to decides your death bowling Economy.  Real stat is not overall economy. Real stat is how many "Dinda overs" by each. I think Arshdeep hardly went for Dinda overs?