Commonwealth Games 2022

Number

3 hours ago, squarecut said:

Really ! What a third worldly excuse. They do no have shooting range in Birmingham so they would exclude shooting ? They could have organised Shooting in some other place in England. Do not tell us that England does not have shooting setup anywhere in the country. If Gold coast could have this facility as well as all previous organisers, they why not Birmingham ? Moreover it is known for years that Birmingham were to organise these games. Even then they could not arrange for these facilities ? It is the most ridiculous excuse I have come across.

india lobbied hard and original plan was to hold the shooting and archery section within india in Feb 2022 and include the medals in the final tally but due to covid that event got cancelled.

the next games in Australia are trying to do away with shooting AND wrestling.. it’s a travesty when swimming and cycyling have to hundreds of medals available.

13 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

india lobbied hard and original plan was to hold the shooting and archery section within india in Feb 2022 and include the medals in the final tally but due to covid that event got cancelled.

the next games in Australia are trying to do away with shooting AND wrestling.. it’s a travesty when swimming and cycyling have to hundreds of medals available.

India should get the organising rights to commonwealth games and organise it without swimming, cycling and gymnastics and include Kabaddi, Khokho etc.

4 hours ago, squarecut said:

Indian women players (in all sports) play it how Indian men used to play in 1970s. So naturally the same results are obtained. Indian women need to acquire killer instinct, finishing abilities etc if they have to do justice to their abilities. It is a cultural thing for Indians and it will take a while before Indians in general and Indian sportspersons in particular will get over it.

I am not disappointed, because I have been witness to such results for last 50 years. No problem. We will overcome it soon enough.

The men seem to have got better at it for sure. 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Funny how Canada and Australia use Asians in their table tennis and badminton teams :phehe:

maybe India should do the same and offer passports and cash to sprinters in Caribbeans.. Atleast we might get  more medals in athletics 

This is taking short cut to success. I want India not to take short cuts like this. Let us get better in these sports on our own, if possible. I can already see signs of Indians getting better in atheletics thanks to special efforts being made in these sports.