How do you rate India chances in the T20WC22?

zen

Rate Ind's chances!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How far would Ind go in the T20 WC?

• Final
    • Semi Final
    • Group Stage - whatever can go wrong will go wrong

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2022 at 05:00 AM

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Basically vas majority predicted first round exit or semi final lol So we shouldn't really be shocked that we got evicted by a gun team in conditions that were more familiar for them. FLat pitch. We just didn't turn up. 

We lost to a team that lost to Ireland.

The gap between the teams isnt as big as the semi showed. Ofcourse you have to select right players 

14 minutes ago, Lord said:

We lost to a team that lost to Ireland.

The gap between the teams isnt as big as the semi showed. Ofcourse you have to select right players 

They lost to ireland at the MCG. I am sure India would have done better at the MCG even with this side. If India had fielded first I am almost sure India would have chased it down against this bowling.  In the semis it was a perfect storm 1) Toss lost India field first 2)  As usual openers went missing 3) India was g oing after par score from that point About 170ish. SKY getting out made things worse 4) We posted less that what we put up against Bangladesh on the same ground and Litton Das on his own ready to gun down 186. So 168 against 10x Litton Dases was going to have only one result.

This was an expected result on that day.  I don't care about 10 wicket loss.  We beat them by 10 wickets in the ODI this year against their strong batting line up. This English side is flawed and beatable. You can even outbat them. This was a perfect day for England. It is surprising we talk a lot about "manner in which we lost"... What manner. If England put up 168 we would not have lost more than 1 or 2 wickets hunting it down.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They lost to ireland at the MCG. I am sure India would have done better at the MCG even with this side. If India had fielded first I am almost sure India would have chased it down against this bowling.  In the semis it was a perfect storm 1) Toss lost India field first 2)  As usual openers went missing 3) India was g oing after par score from that point About 170ish. SKY getting out made things worse 4) We posted less that what we put up against Bangladesh on the same ground and Litton Das on his own ready to gun down 186. So 168 against 10x Litton Dases was going to have only one result.

This was an expected result on that day.  I don't care about 10 wicket loss.  We beat them by 10 wickets in the ODI this year against their strong batting line up. This English side is flawed and beatable. You can even outbat them. This was a perfect day for England. It is surprising we talk a lot about "manner in which we lost"... What manner. If England put up 168 we would not have lost more than 1 or 2 wickets hunting it down.

That's an excuse. Are you saying we can compete only in certain conditions? Are we equal to Irish

Why did openers bat slow? Why did they shut shop knowing its a patta and England bat deep? The bowling was nothing special. Is it only SKY's job to accelerate?

If India bowled first we might have been chasing 200. Then again Rohit said he'd have batted first.

20 minutes ago, Lord said:

That's an excuse. Are you saying we can compete only in certain conditions? Are we equal to Irish

Why did openers bat slow? Why did they shut shop knowing its a patta and England bat deep? The bowling was nothing special. Is it only SKY's job to accelerate?

If India bowled first we might have been chasing 200. Then again Rohit said he'd have batted first.

That is what i am also calling out. Openers cost us. Not the bowlers. Bowlers were going to lose it anyway. I don't t hink any team in the world could have defended 168 on that pitch.

17 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Actually,  losing the SF was never gonna hurt most Indian fans.  It was kind of expected. They were mentally prepared.  But what they were not mentally prepared was to see this is the SF.  "Eng 170/0 in 16 overs while chasing 168".     

a loss is a loss. sure manner did hurt but personally i didnt see us going past semis. Its only when we won those tight games and other group had so much confusion i started think maybe these guys actually have a chance. Over all you dont win WC with 3 batsmen and maybe 2 bowlers.