is it FAIR to beat Australia on such SPIN Tracks, crafted for spinners...

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Now look at South Africa using home advantage.  23 wickets in a day, :facepalm:

Home advantage is a part of cricket's culture. But Indian fans have to complain whether we win or loss. 

That is our cricketing sanskaar at play.

spacer.png

Chuckte Raho

TC

6 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Home advantage is a part of cricket's culture. But Indian fans have to complain whether we win or loss. 

Indian fans complain because we don't need stupid pitches to win against the likes of SA/NZ/Eng or Oz at home! Sure we'll probably draw more games but would hardly lose any, also our batting stocks have tanked because of this very issue :hmpf:

Don't assume you speak for everyone :bebored:

Aussies normally don't doctor pitches to suit their homefield advantage.But they have pitches normally with bounce that aids their bowlers to become threat to all visiting teams.

India also should not be doing too many bunsen burners. Batsmen have to learn to build innings , they won't be able to do anything if they know any ball can get them out.Our spinners look lost when they have to trick batsmen in the air on away pitches.

England are rolling out flat pitches to support their FTBs,

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Aussies normally don't doctor pitches to suit their homefield advantage.But they have pitches normally with bounce that aids their bowlers to become threat to all visiting teams.

India also should not be doing too many bunsen burners. Batsmen have to learn to build innings , they won't be able to do anything if they know any ball can get them out.Our spinners look lost when they have to trick batsmen in the air on away pitches.

England are rolling out flat pitches to support their FTBs,

agree with bolded part.

I think NZ and SA are biggest pitch doctors, equally with SC teams (Ind, Pak, SL, Bang).

Eng also doctors, but pattas can be a bit more fair to people.

as for Oz, they don't usually pitch doctor, but they do so sometimes like boland's debut series where there was far too much spice in the pitches

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

agree with bolded part.

I think NZ and SA are biggest pitch doctors, equally with SC teams (Ind, Pak, SL, Bang).

Eng also doctors, but pattas can be a bit more fair to people.

as for Oz, they don't usually pitch doctor, but they do so sometimes like boland's debut series where there was far too much spice in the pitches

Aus pitches suit their players just fine, so don't need to doctor much. Tall hit the deck quicks, Lyon who relentlessly attacks the rough created by Starc (on merit, Boland should pay but who will create rough for Lyon then?), then their army of FTBs who enjoy true bounce, less lateral movement, playing across the line and horizontal shots. 

SA, NZ, BD are the worst pitch doctors. Then Ind, Pak, Eng, SL roughly at the same level. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Aus pitches suit their players just fine, so don't need to doctor much. Tall hit the deck quicks, Lyon who relentlessly attacks the rough created by Starc (on merit, Boland should pay but who will create rough for Lyon then?), then their army of FTBs who enjoy true bounce, less lateral movement, playing across the line and horizontal shots. 

yes, of SENA, it is Oz who do the least.

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

yes, of SENA, it is Oz who do the least.

Not just SENA, overall Oz doctor the least. We all know beforehand how SCG, Perth, Gabba, MCG, Adelaide etc. will behave. Not much deviation from that. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not just SENA, overall Oz doctor the least. We all know beforehand how SCG, Perth, Gabba, MCG, Adelaide etc. will behave. Not much deviation from that. 

yes, of all test teams, Oz are the least. I would put Pak (pattas for babar's stat-padding), NZ, SA, and Ind up there. people might be surprised to see me exclude SL and Bang, but we know what we will get: raging turners almost always. the 4 I mentioned vary the pitches depending on the opposition, which is the very definition of pitch doctoring.

Just now, Vijy said:

yes, of all test teams, Oz are the least. I would put Pak (pattas for babar's stat-padding), NZ, SA, and Ind up there. people might be surprised to see me exclude SL and Bang, but we know what we will get: raging turners almost always. the 4 I mentioned vary the pitches depending on the opposition, which is the very definition of pitch doctoring.

Ind also we mostly know the nature of the pitch beforehand. 

In fact there are exceptions like 2016 Kolkata and 2017 Dharamsala which suited visitors, and we won both those games. 

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ind also we mostly know the nature of the pitch beforehand. 

In fact there are exceptions like 2016 Kolkata and 2017 Dharamsala which suited visitors, and we won both those games. 

But we do tend to tinker with them quite a bit depending on opposition. case in point the WC final.

Edited by Vijy
15 minutes ago, Vijy said:

But we do tend to tinker with them quite a bit depending on opposition. case in point the WC final.

True but not so much in tests. At least not before 2023....last year was a low for us, Dravid pokes his nose too much.