Must Watch - India Transformation has Just Begun - Deepak Bagla

SM2907

I still remember his speech where he claimed that he will restore India rightful position in Global Arena under him, At the time , I thought he is smoking some good stuff. But now I feel, Modi hai to Mumkin hai.

You have to be intentionally acting dumb (like Pakistani do when asked about cross border terrorism ) to not recognize and be able to correlate Indias meteoric transformation and Modis leadership of India.

Shah,Doval, Jaishankar, late Shri Parrikar, late Shri Jaitley, late Smt Shushmaji, late Shri Mahajan, Gadkari, Goyal, Rajnath, Smriti , Nirmalaji are kind of leaders who have almost no equivalence in Indian politics. And they were/are working as one Team.

PS: Even globally u will find no leader and his cabinet equivalent to that of Modis.

Edited by mishra

4 hours ago, mishra said:

I still remember his speech where he claimed that he will restore India rightful position in Global Arena under him, At the time , I thought he is smoking some good stuff. But now I feel, Modi hai to Mumkin hai.

You have to be intentionally acting dumb (like Pakistani do when asked about cross border terrorism ) to not recognize and be able to correlate Indias meteoric transformation and Modis leadership of India.

Shah,Doval, Jaishankar, late Shri Parrikar, late Shri Jaitley, late Smt Shushmaji, late Shri Mahajan, Gadkari, Goyal, Rajnath, Smriti , Nirmalaji are kind of leaders who have almost no equivalence in Indian politics. And they were/are working as one Team.

PS: Even globally u will find no leader and his cabinet equivalent to that of Modis.

Too much focus on the current government. The story is incomplete if no acknowledgement for what has been done by previous regimes. We were toast if the economy did not open in 1991. The India stack should also be attributed to the previous regime.

23 hours ago, SM2907 said:

Too much focus on the current government. The story is incomplete if no acknowledgement for what has been done by previous regimes. We were toast if the economy did not open in 1991. The India stack should also be attributed to the previous regime.

Fair point that previous govts and administrations have also made contributions.  But one has to acknowledge that this current dispensation has done few good things that previous administrations notably failed at doing.  The pace and focus on infrastructure for example - this was always a question of will and execution, not of resources.  

Anyway, long-timers on this forum will know that I am most definitely not a Modi fan, quite the opposite.  And I will also mention that its not like the current administration hasn't 'f*cked up' at times either - demonetization was a major mess, largely self-inflicted.  But the thing is, you look at the body of work, and you see that the neeyat  overall is good, and one is willing to let a few 'f*ck ups' slide a bit. 

On 2/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, SM2907 said:

Given how obstructionist the opposition is for everything today - I must applaud the opposition on making liberalisation happen instead of going on dharnas and gheraos and causing the govt to fall. 

The previous regime did this as a last resort - it was not some vision oriented plan to take India's situation to new heights.

On 2/23/2023 at 7:28 AM, sandeep said:

Fair point that previous govts and administrations have also made contributions.  But one has to acknowledge that this current dispensation has done few good things that previous administrations notably failed at doing.  The pace and focus on infrastructure for example - this was always a question of will and execution, not of resources.  

Anyway, long-timers on this forum will know that I am most definitely not a Modi fan, quite the opposite.  And I will also mention that its not like the current administration hasn't 'f*cked up' at times either - demonetization was a major mess, largely self-inflicted.  But the thing is, you look at the body of work, and you see that the neeyat  overall is good, and one is willing to let a few 'f*ck ups' slide a bit. 

The pace of infrastructure is hyped. The previous government did an equally good job if not better and their neeyat was good too. Although there is more marketing neeyat in the current government. Nothing wrong with either approach.

The Indian juggernaut actually started moving in early 2000s if one still wants to discount 1991. It will continue to move despite whichever government is in power. Their will be odd pricks like Adani, demonitization, covid etc etc but it will continue to march ahead.

12 minutes ago, SM2907 said:

The pace of infrastructure is hyped. The previous government did an equally good job if not better and their neeyat was good too.

Sure there's a bit of hype, but sorry no - the previous government did most definitely not do any equally good job on infrastructure.  Lets call a spade a spade.

13 minutes ago, SM2907 said:

The Indian juggernaut actually started moving in early 2000s if one still wants to discount 1991. It will continue to move despite whichever government is in power. Their will be odd pricks like Adani, demonitization, covid etc etc but it will continue to march ahead.

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I am not one to suffer from the disease of low expectations.  Honestly speaking India could and should have done better than where it is today - already.  And its a 'failure' across the political spectrum.  

The failure to get manufacturing going is already costing us - Vietnam and Thailand have made massive strides in the last 5-7 years, and a better managed India could have taken big bites out of those chunks.  But nope.  Anyway, whats done is done.  There is a window of opportunity for India to take advantage of, in the next 4-5 years.  Its an extremely crucial phase.  If somehow we finally get it right, then we can possibly start dreaming of being where China is today in 20 years or so.  But the odds aren't very high IMHO.  INdia, regardless of which party is in power, is a master of losing out of possible opportunities.

6 hours ago, SM2907 said:

The pace of infrastructure is hyped. The previous government did an equally good job if not better and their neeyat was good too. Although there is more marketing neeyat in the current government. Nothing wrong with either approach.

Can you back this up with some stats ? I haven't seen infrastructure build up like this since NDA govt in 2000s and to some extent UPA 1

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Can you back this up with some stats ? I haven't seen infrastructure build up like this since NDA govt in 2000s and to some extent UPA 1

I dont have stats but infra due to CWG in Delhi, the Metro, expressways in MH, Karanataka, new trains in railways, electrification , railway extension in J&k , corporate infra especially IT parks were setup in UPA gov.

2 hours ago, SM2907 said:

I dont have stats but infra due to CWG in Delhi, the Metro, expressways in MH, Karanataka, new trains in railways, electrification , railway extension in J&k , corporate infra especially IT parks were setup in UPA gov.

Congress delivered a India with a infra where our daughters sisters and mothers will have to wake up at 4:00 AM in the morning so that they can save their honour with help of darkness around railway tracks and roads. 
we should be ashamed of such infra in 70 years. Exactly same is true for hospitals, NITs, IITs, AIIMs, industries, road , railways, airways, waterways, dams and so on. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Congress delivered a India with a infra where our daughters sisters and mothers will have to wake up at 4:00 AM in the morning so that they can save their honour with help of darkness around railway tracks and roads. 
we should be ashamed of such infra in 70 years. Exactly same is true for hospitals, NITs, IITs, AIIMs, industries, road , railways, airways, waterways, dams and so on. 

lol. if not for these institutes, majority of us would be tea sellers or pakoda makers :hysterical:

1 hour ago, SM2907 said:

lol. if not for these institutes, majority of us would be tea sellers or pakoda makers :hysterical:

What lol, did u even get the message i posted?  Its not a laughing matter that We didn’t had basic infra for loo for women and men of so called great civilisation.

I know ur response is just limited to IITs and AIIMs so go And chk count of students and number of those IITS and AIIMS. Count has doubled in last 7 years.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

What lol, did u even get the message i posted?  Its not a laughing matter that We didn’t had basic infra for loo for women and men of so called great civilisation.

I know ur response is just limited to IITs and AIIMs so go And chk count of students and number of those IITS and AIIMS. Count has doubled in last 7 years.

ROFLMAO. Both IIT and IIMS expansions were set up by UPA 1 and 2. You need to go and check how many IIT and IIMs opened between 2000 and 2015.. Whatever BJP showed as their achievement was already in progress before 2014 w.r.t institutes.   Congratulations on the toilet making for BJP. With the excessive taxation and costs these days, its more likely people feel constipated and need toilets. Don't be blind in your support.

4 hours ago, SM2907 said:

ROFLMAO. Both IIT and IIMS expansions were set up by UPA 1 and 2. You need to go and check how many IIT and IIMs opened between 2000 and 2015.. Whatever BJP showed as their achievement was already in progress before 2014 w.r.t institutes.   Congratulations on the toilet making for BJP. With the excessive taxation and costs these days, its more likely people feel constipated and need toilets. Don't be blind in your support.

You can fact check your erroneous claims quite easily. Pls do

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

I allways take example of my home town. I think people who have reached youth after 2010 do not understand what Congress snail pace. In whole Prayag, total length of 2 lane Road  8-10 m long. Even If I would have missed some due to encroachment, It will be around at max 20 Km long. Thats what Congress achieved in terms of Infra in 70 years.

Now every Road in Prayag is atleast 2 lane with no encroachment. The 8-10Km length old 2 lanes are now 4 lanes to 6 lanes with allmost double the lenth.

Power Cut used to be atleast for 60% of day in periphery of Prayag. Now same periphery is part of Prayag and periphery power cut less then 5%.

Distance from Prayag to my village was about 5-6 hours by Road. It has reduced to less than 2.5 hours.

Some Railway stations in Prayag were places where we used walk steep uphill with one platform. Now you reach there driving by car to gate with 6+ platform (Search images of Darahanj Station, same true with Jhunsi and others)

Airport in PrayagRay was Airforce Runway, Now its proper air port.  I hope it becomes international too.

I can go on and on in each sector. But I guess the previous poster is intentanlly playing dumb. So no point.

PS: The Roads (apart from Delhi,Mumbai) on which Mr Rahul gandhi was doing Bharat Toda Yatra have all been built or rebuilt(rebuilt as in widened/lanes added) after 2014

Edited by mishra

In my village, people used to struggle for food and fuel( fuel as in cowdung and firewood, kerosene for light in late night, even afforing basic match sticks). Now They have gas connections(cylinders ) get food from gvmnt, get some money, electric connection to home, and most importantly, even few shops and local banker have come up. School has now a building and teachers too.infact more than one school exist in my village now.

Just ouside each side of village there used to be few communities of Mooshar ( name Mooshar comes froom moos ie rats because they used to survive on finding and killing rodents like rats) samaj. They got their houses built under Modi. Prior to that i dont know if they ever managed a good night sleep because of rain flooding where they lived and no roof. So lets not fool ourselves with Congress achievements in 70 years. These achievements in my village by current govmnt is lot bigger then even IIT and IIMs.

Edited by mishra

That video posted itself has astounding stats. For those that don't have the time to watch it here are some highlights

• $530B off the total $950B FDI India has received since independence have come in the last 90 months. That is insane.
  • The investment involves all 31 states and UTs and is across 61 sectors - not just IT & pharma etc. 93% of this amount required no special approvals - meaning ease of getting access to capital is much higher than ever before. 
  • Fastest growing major economy both pre and post Covid 
  • Youngest major economy till 2070 with a current avg age of 29
  • #3 in most unicorns with a new unicorn added every 29 days in 2022

On 2/25/2023 at 9:57 AM, bharathh said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institutes_of_Management

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institutes_of_Technology

You can self evaluate by looking in these links. Fees bhi evaluate karna. aajkal kitni hai. UPA men kitni thee:hysterical:

Edited by SM2907

20 hours ago, mishra said:

I allways take example of my home town. I think people who have reached youth after 2010 do not understand what Congress snail pace. In whole Prayag, total length of 2 lane Road  8-10 m long. Even If I would have missed some due to encroachment, It will be around at max 20 Km long. Thats what Congress achieved in terms of Infra in 70 years.

Now every Road in Prayag is atleast 2 lane with no encroachment. The 8-10Km length old 2 lanes are now 4 lanes to 6 lanes with allmost double the lenth.

Power Cut used to be atleast for 60% of day in periphery of Prayag. Now same periphery is part of Prayag and periphery power cut less then 5%.

Distance from Prayag to my village was about 5-6 hours by Road. It has reduced to less than 2.5 hours.

Some Railway stations in Prayag were places where we used walk steep uphill with one platform. Now you reach there driving by car to gate with 6+ platform (Search images of Darahanj Station, same true with Jhunsi and others)

Airport in PrayagRay was Airforce Runway, Now its proper air port.  I hope it becomes international too.

I can go on and on in each sector. But I guess the previous poster is intentanlly playing dumb. So no point.

PS: The Roads (apart from Delhi,Mumbai) on which Mr Rahul gandhi was doing Bharat Toda Yatra have all been built or rebuilt(rebuilt as in widened/lanes added) after 2014

There will be many examples like this in UPA 1 and UPA 2. Dumb are those who blindy believe there is some magic happening after 2014 by a government who forgot to size the new notes for ATMs :hysterical:

20 hours ago, mishra said:

In my village, people used to struggle for food and fuel( fuel as in cowdung and firewood, kerosene for light in late night, even afforing basic match sticks). Now They have gas connections(cylinders ) get food from gvmnt, get some money, electric connection to home, and most importantly, even few shops and local banker have come up. School has now a building and teachers too.infact more than one school exist in my village now.

Just ouside each side of village there used to be few communities of Mooshar ( name Mooshar comes froom moos ie rats because they used to survive on finding and killing rodents like rats) samaj. They got their houses built under Modi. Prior to that i dont know if they ever managed a good night sleep because of rain flooding where they lived and no roof. So lets not fool ourselves with Congress achievements in 70 years. These achievements in my village by current govmnt is lot bigger then even IIT and IIMs.

can you get the approach rectified by the guys who did your village road. 2 - 3 accidents happen everyday. Its a BJP state. Morbi bridge maintenance ?? Nobody gives a f***.  Also ask BJP not to hide places when some foreigner visits India. Why hide such good infra ..... :hysterical:

Edited by SM2907