Today Sachin Tendulkar turns 50-greatest batsmen ever?

How great was Sachin Tendulkar?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How great was Sachin Tendulkar?

• Best batsmen ever
    • Best ever ODI batsmen
    • Best ever cricketer
    • Best ever test match batsmn
    • Amongst top 3 batsmen ever
    • Amongst top 5 batsmen ever
    • Amongst top 5 cricketers ever
    • Amongst top 10 cricketers ever
    • Amongst top 10 batsmen ever
    • Amongst top 5 test batsmen of all?
    • Not amongst top 10 batsmen of all
    • Not amongst top 10 cricketesr of all

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

longetivity at a higher performance level than virtually everyone while facing the toughest assortment of bowlers and in one of the hardest eras to bat doesn't just mean greatness, it means greatest ever. 

In ODIs he was aeons ahead of the rest during his time and had a bigger gap between himself and #2 than anyone else ever had except for viv. 

Who said he faced toughest bowlers. Stop this myth that he somehow dominated  great bowlers.

In case you have problem in understanding, he was great batsman but he is not GOAT  in anything other than playing most matches.

He  is GOAT in playing more matches than anyone else. Him being GOAT ends there.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, putrevus said:

Who said he faced toughest bowlers. Stop this myth that he somehow dominated good bowlers.

I did. No one has faced as many quality bowlers as Tendulkar has in his career. That is an objectively verifiable fact. And he did dominate them. 

Just now, putrevus said:

In case you have problem in understanding, he was great batsman but he is not GOAT  in anything.

In case you have a problem understanding, he is the GOAT batsman. Anyone who's seen him extensively and analysed the stats can see that clear as day. 

Just now, putrevus said:

He  is GOAT in playing more matches than anyone else. Him being GOAT ends there.

No.

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

I did. No one has faced as many quality bowlers as Tendulkar has in his career. That is an objectively verifiable fact. And he did dominate them. 

In case you have a problem understanding, he is the GOAT batsman. Anyone who's seen him extensively and analysed the stats can see that clear as day. 

No.

No he was nothing more than steady eddy that is why he never scored more than 500 runs in test series nor ever freaked 900 rating in any format.

You can do any song and dance but they don’t change facts.

Just now, putrevus said:

No he was nothing more than steady eddy that is why he never scored more than 500 runs in test series nor ever freaked 900 rating in any format.

Not relevant. He is also the batsman with the lowest % of 5 test series played amongst all batsmen with 100+ tests. 500 test runs is highly dependent on that and the ratings are subjective, not objective

Just now, putrevus said:

You can do any song and dance but they don’t change facts.

Indeed.

And fact is, he's faced more # of quality bowlers than any batsman in history of cricket, he has the best numbers for a 20 year period than anyone else and has been the most consistent batsman ever to play the game. These are objective verifiable facts, rest are just uneducated nonsense from you.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Not relevant. He is also the batsman with the lowest % of 5 test series played amongst all batsmen with 100+ tests. 500 test runs is highly dependent on that and the ratings are subjective, not objective

Indeed.

And fact is, he's faced more # of quality bowlers than any batsman in history of cricket, he has the best numbers for a 20 year period than anyone else and has been the most consistent batsman ever to play the game. These are objective verifiable facts, rest are just uneducated nonsense from you.

first stop being an idiot , it is a forum so having different opinions 

Ratings are not subjective they are objective.

He rarely faced a great bowling attack and did well.

i have forgotten more than you have ever learnt anything about cricket.

Edited by putrevus
Just now, putrevus said:

It is relevant,, Ratings are not subjective they are objective.

No, they are not. How much point one gains or loses is logarithmic but subjective. 

Just now, putrevus said:

He rarely faced a great bowling attack and did well.

He has faced the most # of great, excellent and good fast bowlers in history of the game. No one has faced as many quality bowlers as he has and it can be easily catalogued. He is the man who's faced the greats of the 80s,90s & 00s era, with the first two eras having the most # of great & world class bowlers in the world.

26 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

No, they are not. How much point one gains or loses is logarithmic but subjective. 

He has faced the most # of great, excellent and good fast bowlers in history of the game. No one has faced as many quality bowlers as he has and it can be easily catalogued. He is the man who's faced the greats of the 80s,90s & 00s era, with the first two eras having the most # of great & world class bowlers in the world.

No he has not faced any great bowling attack, no matter how you spin it it does not change the facts.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

No he has not faced any great bowling attack, no matter how you spin it it does not change the facts.

he has faced the most # of great bowlers ever for any batsman in history of the game. That is an empirical fact. No man has faced as many bowlers with < 25 average in the game than tendulkar and its not even close. 

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

he has faced the most # of great bowlers ever for any batsman in history of the game. That is an empirical fact. No man has faced as many bowlers with < 25 average in the game than tendulkar and its not even close. 

I don’t think so.

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don’t think so.

you think wrong. 

As i said, no other batsman in history of the game has batted against as many <25 average bowlers in history of the game and its not even close. 

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

you think wrong. 

As i said, no other batsman in history of the game has batted against as many <25 average bowlers in history of the game and its not even close. 

Actually take any country apart from West Indies. Categorise ther bowlers based on spin vs pace. Ask the fans of those countries who were there top 5 bolwers in History of their cricket. Sachins has most likely faced 50-60% from that countrywise list.

Sachin didn’t dominate Wasim, Waqar which is quite evident in the number of test matches he played against them and his stats against them.

Sachin failed against Ambrose everytime they faced each other.

Mcgrath is Sachins Father and lets not even argue about this.

I am not sure of what he did against Donald but definitely will go through his performance against Donald to verify it.

Sachin was Andersons bunny, I think Anderson got him out most number of times.

So where was the domination?

One series I remember where he did well against an ATG bowler was vs SouthAfrica when Dale Steyn came back from an injury

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Sachin didn’t dominate Wasim, Waqar which is quite evident in the number of test matches he played against them and his stats against them.

Sachin failed against Ambrose everytime they faced each other.

Mcgrath is Sachins Father and lets not even argue about this.

I am not sure of what he did against Donald but definitely will go through his performance against Donald to verify it.

Sachin was Andersons bunny, I think Anderson got him out most number of times.

So where was the domination?

One series I remember where he did well against an ATG bowler was vs SouthAfrica when Dale Steyn came back from an injury

What was Sachin's average in the series he played versus ambrose ? 

There are plenty of videos of sachin dominating McGrath and McGrath had 3 umpire favouring calls against sachin. 

As for the two Ws, he played one of the greatest test innings against them and in the other series he was a 16 year old. He's dominated them better than anyone other than Ponting in ODIs. 

I think what tarnishes Tendulkar legacy was that tennis elbow phase. He still averaged good numbers but it came across like he was a selfish stat padder. In 2004 the 240 in australia and the 194 in pakistan he batted slow and showed no real intent to score quickly to help india win the match. He is still bitter about the 194 declaration rather then just being happy that he contributed to india winning a test series in Pakistan. In comparison Dravid got out on 270 playing a reverse sweep in a test match in the pre T20 era trying to score quickly to give india a chance to win a few test matches latter.

Thankfully he had a golden run around 2007-2011 in NZ, Aus, and SA that saved his legacy but other than that it was painful to watch him play after 2003.