• BJP+ 300-320
    • BJP+ 272-300
    • Hung Parliament- Operation Lotus
    • Hung Parliament- INDIA operation
    • INDIA 272+
    • Aayega to Modi hi - idc about numbers
    • Poltics gayi bhad mein NRIs murdabad

On 4/12/2024 at 4:15 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Lol no max is 330 but I expect BJP to just about maintain its 2019 numbers. 

I think they played Mandir card way too early...   Haryana Punjab JK are already gone...  UK seems touch and go for both sides. 

Let's see how this goes.  Marketing and advertising will be key in states like Karnataka. 

Genuine question. If Punjab/Haryana are already gone then why are so many influential leaders from both AAP and Congress joining BJP?

The only sitting LS MP of AAP(the ruling party) Sushil Rinku will be fighting on a BJP ticket. 3 time Congress MP Ravneet Bittu will also contest from BJP. Captain and his wife and former Punjab Cong chief Jakhar too joined BJP. 

With a likely 4 way contest and it being a National election (Modi vs Rahul), don't you think BJP is in a better position in Punjab than it was in 2019?

1 minute ago, ravishingravi said:

Yes absolute majority for 3rd consecutive term would be bad news. 

look at the voter turnout in hindi belt,most BJP voters have stayed home.massive deficit compared to 2019,it is looking like 2004 again.I think the freebies from Congress has worked like it did in Karnataka,TG and HP.

8 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

things are looking apocalyptic for BJP.the Congress has core voters who ALWAYS vote,its looks like most have stayed home .

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

Bad news for BJP if they cant even muster the 2019 turnout.

Low turnout could also mean that the opposition has surrendered. You generally need an extra turnout to throwout an incumbent govt.(Like in 2014)

Also, in UP Mayawati has cunningly fielded a lot of vote katoo Muslim and Yadav candidates against the SP. The Muslim voters (atleast in UP) aren't that exited this election. 

4 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

BJP seems to have lost major ground in  hindi belt,it will interesting if NDA can even get to half way mark.

Numbers are similar to 2019 ..besides its first phase...i think most people from alliance have thrown in the towel

1 minute ago, AuxiliA said:

Low turnout could also mean that the opposition has surrendered. You generally need an extra turnout to throwout an incumbent govt.(Like in 2014)

Also, in UP Mayawati has cunningly fielded a lot of vote katoo Muslim and Yadav candidates against the SP. The Muslim voters (atleast in UP) aren't that exited this election. 

i dont believe that is true in Indian elections because the INDI alliance has major advantage if turnout is low because their votebank ALWAYS votes.

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Will depend a lot on silent majority...  Wish Congress actually focused on this one rather than almost giving up and prepared a dedicated face to tackle Modi....  BJP would have been terrified at the prospect of Facing a gun younger face...  Leading opposition. Imagine if they had groomed Sachin Pilot who would have attracted a lot of folks on Center left and Right...  Rahul is surrounded by old yes men who have no idea of how to turn the tide... And ulta pushing him to far left. 

As of now best case scenario for country is a stable government in the face of sizeable opposition numbers. 

Lol sachin pilot..at most a few rajasthan seats would sway..it doesnt matter who kangress prop up.They have list the narrative in terms of development nationalism hindutva and security.

On 4/17/2024 at 3:38 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Don't want to derail this thread but have you seen the Indian election thread in PP? The usual suspects have become so desperate there. I think we need to up our game in this thread to compete with them...LOL

:giggle:

Its funny to see indians there who cry about modi lols...

Whats the point of debating with brain dead bots from pak?

4 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

i dont believe that is true in Indian elections because the INDI alliance has major advantage if turnout is low because their votebank ALWAYS votes.

I agree, Mint is reporting 6 PM. while HT is reporting 5 PM. EC on ToI says 5 PM. I anyway dont believe mint quint scroll. Funny enough its some whatsapp image being shared

so unreliable

WhatsApp_Image_2024-04-19_at_5.47.27_PM_

6 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

That's not always the case, time will tell.

even if bihar finishes at 50% turnout that is a huge drop from 58% in 2019.this seems to be the theme from all hindi belt states.who doesnt want free 1 lakh rupees?.do not underestimate the lure of freebies as it has worked in prosperous states like karnataka.

• The title was changed to Elections 23-24 NDA vs I.N.D.I.A (updated) -Poll Added