Ajmer 92- Truth or Secular whitewashing?

LordPrabhzy

Lets hope this film portrays the accurate nature of how the Maulvis in Ajmer perpetrated a rape and sexual assault racket for years against Hindu girls rather than using secularism to whitewashing these crimes by not calling out the ideology responsible for this mindset.

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Lets hope this film portrays the accurate nature of how the Maulvis in Ajmer perpetrated a rape and sexual assault racket for years against Hindu girls rather than using secularism to whitewashing these crimes by not calling out the ideology responsible for this mindset.

As a kid in the 90s we were never even aware that something like this could happen. 

The 90s were an insane time in the world - however, in my little cocoon never even realized how India was changing. The genocide in Kashmir, this, the mafia raj in Mumbai, Bihar, the communal issues in India around Babri, the Mandal commission, the kidnapping gangs in and around Delhi, Kargil, etc. 

Pity we had to learn about these issues so much later in life. I couldn't even believe something like this was hushed up so successfully!

11 minutes ago, bharathh said:

As a kid in the 90s we were never even aware that something like this could happen. 

The 90s were an insane time in the world - however, in my little cocoon never even realized how India was changing. The genocide in Kashmir, this, the mafia raj in Mumbai, Bihar, the communal issues in India around Babri, the Mandal commission, the kidnapping gangs in and around Delhi, Kargil, etc. 

Pity we had to learn about these issues so much later in life. I couldn't even believe something like this was hushed up so successfully!

NDTV's newstrack on our local cable was our only source during those turbulent times ... how naïve was I to think that those reports were unbiased

4 minutes ago, diga said:

NDTV's newstrack on our local cable was our only source during those turbulent times ... how naïve was I to think that those reports were unbiased

My family only subscribed to DD News :)

No cable because I had to study. 

Then only had Rupavahini and Sky news for a bit.

41 minutes ago, bharathh said:

My family only subscribed to DD News :)

No cable because I had to study. 

Then only had Rupavahini and Sky news for a bit.

We had good newspapers that reported all news like IE and KannadaPrabha, Sanjewani was mainly for crime news, but riots were reported in detail.  , KP genocide , I heard it from someone in HS who was affected (rishtedaar) , we didn’t have cable. And DD was sleeping all the way through.