Riyan Parag

tweaker

I get that IPL performance is not everything and can lead to recency bias. But when someone scores at a decent clip when others around him are looking clueless under the same conditions, and does it multiple times, there's something to be said for skill and mental toughness.

Plus this guy has performed in every domestic white ball tournament over the past year (maybe 2). Leaving him out of the WCT20 squad is looking foolisher and foolisher.

9 hours ago, bowl_out said:

He should be considered for the Odi squad later this year. Between him and Sundar, if they can get 10 overs, we can finally get rid of Jadeja. 

Parag, Washi at 6 and 7 followed by 4 bowlers should be the way forward for ODI

WADR, Sundar has a lot to prove following his return from injury before he is picked.

I am a huge fan of him and even thought he could be a test mainstay but injuries have derailed him.

27 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

WADR, Sundar has a lot to prove following his return from injury before he is picked.

I am a huge fan of him and even thought he could be a test mainstay but injuries have derailed him.

You need to play to see what he can do. SRH has benched him the whole season. Best thing would be to play him in some meaningless bilateral with WC 3 years away

11 hours ago, bowl_out said:

The number 7 spot that Jadeja has been hogging for a decade? Sundar is good enough for that. The bigger problem for him is fitness more than skill.

You just can't be like for like replacement for Jadeja,we definitely need a genuine number 5 who can take the game away from opposition most times or muscles opposition in the end overs

Jadeja is a very low bar to set in LOIs

Parag should be our No.4 as soon as possible and we will finally have a top 4 who bowls.

Get Abhishek to open and we have Jaiswal, Parag, Abhishek who can bowl and they should be used time to time. Miss the days when Sachin, Saurav, Dravid, Viru were all useful with secondary skills. 

Gill can do Virat at no.3 if he can assemble himself. We need to have a no.3 who can captain so that position is useful as well. This is unless they decide to make a bowler captain for example Bumrah. I am not really impressed with any of these captains so there is a problem there. 

On 5/16/2024 at 10:46 AM, bowl_out said:

The number 7 spot that Jadeja has been hogging for a decade? Sundar is good enough for that. The bigger problem for him is fitness more than skill.

Forget Sundar. His time has come and gone as far as White ball is concerned. His only shot at this point is tests. I can't remember Sundar doing anything recently after his initial heroics in Australia and for a while right after. 

We need better than both Sundar and Jadeja.