The happiness that Chandrayaan-3 success has given has largely made up for the reality that India may not win the World cup 2023

9 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Money talks, who other than IPL will bring the money bags to win them over (exclusive or primarily) for national duties..?

Chuckte Raho

TC

Sponsorships and Endorsement deals - like they did before IPL. Sponsoships and endorsements come with top notch performances and the $$ easily exceeds IPL money.

What you make annually out of one endorsement deal can be as much or more than a season's IPL contract.

How do you think Sachin made his fortune ?

28 minutes ago, Lord said:

No it won't. Nothing can replace the feeling of April 2,2011 when Dhoni hit that six.

Ultimately it comes down to nationalism. Previously cricket brought out nationalism as it was one thing where we were sort of world beaters - for a short period.

Now there are many avenues -sporting and non-sporting.

Alot of people have grown out of cricket and feel there are bigger and better things to celebrate.

2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Ultimately it comes down to nationalism. Previously cricket brought out nationalism as it was one thing where we were sort of world beaters - for a short period.

Now there are many avenues -sporting and non-sporting.

Alot of people have grown out of cricket and feel there are bigger and better things to celebrate.

It comes down to what you follow and invest yourself in. Everyman knows Chandrayaan is a big success but a layman won't be able to explain why?Cricket was followed even when we were not so good.

I'm happy for other successes but just can't relate to them as much as to cricket's. Call me anything but Gabba victory gave me more joy than all of them. May not be logical , but that's just me.

8 hours ago, Lord said:

It comes down to what you follow and invest yourself in. Everyman knows Chandrayaan is a big success but a layman won't be able to explain why?Cricket was followed even when we were not so good.

I'm happy for other successes but just can't relate to them as much as to cricket's. Call me anything but Gabba victory gave me more joy than all of them. May not be logical , but that's just me.

I'm not sure even a WC victory will be as satisfying as that one tbh. The WTC final that followed it was a meh feeling even when we lost it. 

bahut khushi mili Chandrayaan 3 se. sik gayee hai side waalon ki. apne hi kaum ko gaaliyan de rahe hain :hysterical:

ab world cup to chaoti si cheez hai iske saamne. Chandrayaan 3 jaise mauke life time mein ek baar or historical moment hote hai.

WC to separated nation bhi jeeta hai ek baar :--D

On 8/30/2023 at 12:34 AM, rangeelaraja said:

Sponsorships and Endorsement deals - like they did before IPL. Sponsoships and endorsements come with top notch performances and the $$ easily exceeds IPL money.

What you make annually out of one endorsement deal can be as much or more than a season's IPL contract.

How do you think Sachin made his fortune ?

Sorry, the (Sachin) pre IPL years versus post IPL years is almost an apples to oranges comparison.

The Sachin model worked for him as he became a known and performing talent, playing in the national side made him a staple for endorsements.

State level cricket players who never made it to the national side back in the day had no such luck.

In comparison uncapped players fare much better these days courtesy the IPL. The IPL just made the pie bigger.

While I am not into the fine print/details of what BCCI allows players to do/not-do re# brand endorsements; Sachin, Kohli, Dhoni, Rohit, Yuvraj, Sehwag, Bumrah,Jadeja, Ashwin, even Umesh Yadav to name a few were endorsing and still do endorse brands.

The current crop have such deals on top of their national and IPL contracts.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter