Favorite film of all time!

zen

13 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Friedkin was a genius. He and Coppola did hit an amazing creative purple patch in 70s. Friedkin was ambitious enough to go for Sorcerer which effectively destroyed or atleast damaged his career.

Sorcerer is based on (or inspired by) the French film the Wages of Fear (1953). The Exorcist was a mega-hit (grossed like 36x the budget). With a name like Sorcerer, many perceived it to be a horror film and were probably disappointed that it was not. I guess, better marketing could have helped. 

The French Connection grossed 25x the budget! It is one of the English films that my Mom likes too. 

Edited by zen

42 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Good trivia though. I pride myself knowing most of obscure trivia of movies, this one totally was difficult. Never pay attention to character names, but a very good connection to Karan Arjun. Sorry had to use Canadian Security Analyst methods to figure it out. 

meaning - Google Mahaswamigalu ??

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Is it that Akshay Kumar Sunil Shetty movie where they are brothers and Rakhi is their mom and Suresh Oberoi the blind dad masquerading as a don? Suhaag?

I don't remember the names of the characters though.

nope.. Its Jeevan Ek Sangharsh which starred Anil Kapoor as karan  & kanwaljit as arjun .  Dont know if any other movie exists with Rakhi as the mother prior to this :p:

On 9/26/2023 at 1:49 AM, diga said:

nope.. Its Jeevan Ek Sangharsh which starred Anil Kapoor as karan  & kanwaljit as arjun .  Dont know if any other movie exists with Rakhi as the mother prior to this :p:

Shakti (1982). She acted as Amitabh's Mother in it. It was in the same year she was the lead herione in his movies Bemisaal and Barsat ki ek raat. 

Finally, googled Jeevan Ek Sangharsh. I had forgotten that such a film existed. But after googling it, some old memories returned -> Anil Kapoor in a plane wearing dark glasses, "Twenty rupees" (based on 5 rupees, 12 anna) song (shot in Amsterdam iirc). Can't recall anything else.