KL Rahul is setting new standards in Keeping??

gakgupta

On 9/24/2023 at 7:25 PM, putrevus said:

Kishan is either an opener or he is out.

Kishen hasn't been opening for a while now and has been groomed for middle order. Even after Rohit retires I don't think he is going to open as we have Jaiswal/Gaikwad waiting to take that spot. In the first 2 ODIs India went with Gaikwad as the opener even though Ishan was in the playing X1 as they want him to be in the middle. 

On 9/24/2023 at 11:34 AM, NameGoesHere said:

Yeah the guy is giving me a horrible vibe as well.  This guy is going to eff up our WC. 

Really?

He did okay in the Asia Cup.

Thing is that we have Dhoni as the bench mark and we had him keep for a decade and a half.

In terms of just wicket keeping ability: Kishan, Samson, Bharat, Saha (sorry @Gollum) and KL seem the same.

Then you just pick the better bat.

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Really?

Thing is that we have Dhoni as the bench mark and we had him keep for a decade and a half.

In terms of just wicket keeping ability: Kishan, Samson, Bharat, Saha (sorry @Gollum) and KL seem the same.

Purely keeping ability, Saha is our finest. 

On 9/27/2023 at 8:55 AM, Mariyam said:

Really?

My opinion is based on that amorphous, unquantifiable and admittedly irresponsible (in that anyone can say it without being factual) word - ceiling.  I think of all the batters you mentioned Kishan has the highest.  I believe that we will need extraordinary knocks in this WC from key players.  KLR can probably play solid or average innings more consistently, but I would go with Kishan to play the once in a while game changers.  Under pressure, I think KLR will either freeze and eke out some solid / mediocre runs, or crumble.      

Edited by NameGoesHere