KL Rahul is setting new standards in Keeping??

gakgupta

11 minutes ago, nevada said:

Why can't we continue with Kishan as keeper? How can a guy coming back from leg injury take up wicket keeping duties immediately on his comeback even though he is a part timer?

Only reason I can think of is KL Rahul has to be in the team. There is no other reason.

Edited by putrevus
55 minutes ago, nevada said:

Why can't we continue with Kishan as keeper? How can a guy coming back from leg injury take up wicket keeping duties immediately on his comeback even though he is a part timer?

I think kishan is not sure shot for world cup (In final IX)

Otherwise .. there is no reason why...Rahul should keep

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rahul has proved many critics like me wrong so far. Hope he keeps doing well.

I will happy to be proven wrong and India wins the world cup with Rahul doing Dhoni.

well if he is our keeper for the WC(and its almost a certainty now) he needs to show better effort than he showed yesterday.He was ok in the Asia cup but yesterdays effort was pitiful.

7 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

well if he is our keeper for the WC(and its almost a certainty now) he needs to show better effort than he showed yesterday.He was ok in the Asia cup but yesterdays effort was pitiful.

I agree he might flop in big spots with gloves.He was missing simple wicket keeping takes one of them went for 4 byes that was horrible.

15 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Just like Gibbs did in the 1999 WC, KL will drop the  2023 WC, just watch it happen. It will.

I agree. He has been a big plus with bat but as a keeper he will cost us a game or two. What i dont understand is with Kishan in playing XI why is Rahul keeping ? Unless the idea is to let him keep and in WC game if Kishan is in starting XI then he keeps. 

14 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I agree. He has been a big plus with bat but as a keeper he will cost us a game or two. What i dont understand is with Kishan in playing XI why is Rahul keeping ? Unless the idea is to let him keep and in WC game if Kishan is in starting XI then he keeps. 

He will drop the World Cup for sure.

Whether as a keeper or bat, we don't know.

TM really want Iyer to be playing and so Kishan will not start. This makes sense Iyer is a much better middle order bat

so KL will keep andneeds all the wk practice he can get, even if Kishan in the 11 he won't be keeping 

This will only change if they decide Iyer will not start any match,  Kishan will instead