Iyer vs Sky vs Kisan - Who'd you pick?

Downtown

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

i dont trust Pandya at all,yesterday the pitch had something but all he bowled was hit me lengths and thankfully Rohit saw the same and he didnt get any more overs till the end,

But lately his bowling is more trustworthy than his batting. We may take it as aberration. You have to always play with a risk that one or the other bowlers would carted away based on pitch conditions but you should have enough btter to compensate those little difference and chase it down.

38 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I am talking about India there is difference between there bowling allrounder and ours Maxwell and Stonis are proven allrounder if we had Maxwell and Stonis or even Green calibre allrounder i would not bother to play Thakur or Ashwin (barring spin pitch like yday)as an third allrounder.

In test cricket in India, I think its ok, they are genuine bowling allrounders, but in ODI, they cant be relied on to give batting depth.

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

I am talking about India there is difference between there bowling allrounder and ours Maxwell and Stonis are proven allrounder if we had Maxwell and Stonis or even Green calibre allrounder i would not bother to play Thakur or Ashwin (barring spin pitch like yday)as an third allrounder.

All rounders who don't even average 35+ with bat and below 40 with ball? Lol :phehe:

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

All rounders who don't even average 35+ with bat and below 40 with ball? Lol :phehe:

Avg and sr matters a zilch. Give me an alrounder like Faulkner who won his country a wc than our 10-15 years old gadhas. I assume you will be happy to have Inam in your team than Ishan kishan who is avging more than 53 ,now laugh again.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Avg and sr matters a zilch. Give me an alrounder like Faulkner who won his country a wc than our 10-15 years old gadhas. I assume you will be happy to have Inam in your team than Ishan kishan who is avging more than 53 ,now laugh again.

Let India play a WC at home and even they will win.

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

Also, Imam SR is 20 less than Kishan :phehe:

11 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Also, Imam SR is 20 less than Kishan :phehe:

Ya but he avg more??? Look everyone wants India to win thats the reason i said we should go ahead with 6 batters as our bowling allrounders are their for name shake. We will not get Chennai like pitch everywhere there will be flat roads so we should strengthen our batting because if 2/3 happened on flat roads by the time we recover and try to set target we will not have enough arsenal in lower mo.Even yday if we would have lost one more wkt around 100 we dint had anyone Pandya i mean out tail would have started after 4 down.

Edited by raki05
15 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Ya but he avg more??? Look everyone wants India to win thats the reason i said we should go ahead with 6 batters as our bowling allrounders are their for name shake. We will not get Chennai like pitch everywhere there will be flat roads so we should strengthen our batting because if 2/3 happened on flat roads by the time we recover and try to set target we will not have enough arsenal in lower mo.Even yday if we would have lost one more wkt around 100 we dint had anyone Pandya i mean out tail would have started after 4 down.

Haan to Marsh, Green in sab ka strike rate 120 nahi hai..100 se Kam hai.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

did you see how Pandu bowled? 5 bowlers will mean everyone has complete quota and there's no breathing space. Even more important on a patta

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

One of the reasons we were not exposed was because we were only chasing 200 and Kohli and KL could go tuk tuk for 30+ overs.

If they were chasing 250 to 300, I think India may have lost the game.

We definitely need a stronger batting line up. Dont make the mistake of not learning from this game until the semi or the actual Final.

We were chasing 200 because of bowling. We could afford to not bowl Pandu.

One less bowler and we'd chase 250-300 even on yesterday's pitch.

12 hours ago, Majestic said:

Give Iyer a couple of more games before looking into other options. Iyer is a proper ODI batsman having done it for 4 years now.

Do we have matches in Wankhede or Chinnaswamy? SKY can be used there.

yeah on pattas or pace strong attacks, he can be used. I'd add even Dharamsala

18 minutes ago, Lord said:

did you see how Pandu bowled? 5 bowlers will mean everyone has complete quota and there's no breathing space. Even more important on a patta

I would consider it an off day otherwise he is bowling better ever since his return.

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

not about him. Anyone can have off day, get injured then 5 bowler combo is a huge disadvantage.

As said its trade off to provide cushioning to bowlers we are playing with one less batsmen. Your 6th bowler is hardly bowling 1-2 extra over and their batting is off nonuse. Why cant we play extra batter and ask Iyer and sky to rotate their hands.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

As said its trade off to provide cushioning to bowlers we are playing with one less batsmen. Your 6th bowler is hardly bowling 1-2 extra over and their batting is off nonuse. Why cant we play extra batter and ask Iyer and sky to rotate their hands.

They'd have bowl full 10 overs in case someone bowls badly/gets injured. You need some plan B

10 minutes ago, raki05 said:

We don't need 6 batters. We need good temperament from top 6.

Edited by Majestic
8 minutes ago, Lord said:

They'd have bowl full 10 overs in case someone bowls badly/gets injured. You need some plan B

But what about batting Plan B. As said if India would be on same situation on flat pitches we will never set competitive total or chase more than 280. We might not get pitch like chennai in any other match but there are more chances to get flat pitches going by the trend so far.

Edited by raki05