Iyer vs Sky vs Kisan - Who'd you pick?

Downtown

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Iyer

Kishan ( for left hand and also keeping)

Hope we don't get to a situation where we need SKY

This Iyer fella seems to have a knack for picking up injuries quite often. Just today, right after hitting his well-deserved century, he had to call it quits due to cramps, and to top it off, he got out twice in the same over! His fitness is still a big question mark, and don't even get me started on his fielding – he's missed so many easy catches in recent matches! In contrast, Sky is a reliable fielder and manages to score with a higher strike rate. It's becoming quite a headache for the management, I must say!

21 minutes ago, Downtown said:

This Iyer fella seems to have a knack for picking up injuries quite often. Just today, right after hitting his well-deserved century, he had to call it quits due to cramps, and to top it off, he got out twice in the same over! His fitness is still a big question mark, and don't even get me started on his fielding – he's missed so many easy catches in recent matches! In contrast, Sky is a reliable fielder and manages to score with a higher strike rate. It's becoming quite a headache for the management, I must say!

Only reecntly he dropped a sitter lol  He scored sereis of single digits. Two fifties suddenly make him invaluable? Platform was laid by Iyer and Gill.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Only reecntly he dropped a sitter lol  He scored sereis of single digits. Two fifties suddenly make him invaluable? Platform was laid by Iyer and Gill.

There are lot of platform builders like Gill,Rohit,Kohli, Rahul. Even Pandu bats like that now. Need someone to capitalise on that.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea.. But not everytime you get the platform. Sometimes you have to build the platform and score quickly as well.

Then that's fault of others. There are so many lol. If we get another platform builder we won't get extra 20-25 runs.

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Fault of others? Other teams are also there to play. Team will crumble at time. Even 2003 Australian team collapsed twice - against NZ and Eng. 

yet they backed aggressive players without thinking of such scenarios.

1 hour ago, Downtown said:

Batting unit needs them both ideally speaking - Iyer is fearless, aggressive and absolutely murders spin in the middle 30 overs - something that not a lot of our batting unit can do outside of Pandu, who's not the destroyer threat he used to be.  Also, has the guts to deliver clutch performances in tough scenarios. 

Sky is the game-breaker down the order that can take the game away in a blink - something the 2015 WC winners had in peak Maxwell.  The problem is that you need 6 decent bowling options for ODIs and even if you gamble on Pandu as 5th bowler, you still need 5+ overs elsewhere.  Ideally we take both Iyer and Sky, bench Jadeja, but only if we had 5 overs in the top order which we simply do not.  

Bottomline if I had to pick just one??? I would pick SKY and bench Iyer, but that's heart over head.

Edited by sandeep