Your view on Kishans shot yesterday

Sooda

Your view on Kishans shot yesterday   

16 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think

• Terrible shot to play given pitch and target
    • Good intent another day that could go for 4

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

What did you think of it. Getting stick on social media . My first reaction was, what an idiot. But that was a terrible ball and he was right to go for it. The criticism he is getting is the reason why we can never play Bazball style cricket 

100% agree.  

Kishan saw width and flashed at it.  There was some stat on amount of swing and Aussies got 3x the swing movement compared to India, under lights.  And Indian pace bowlers are pretty much best in class at extracting swing if its there.  

Bottomline, maybe you could argue that it was "too early" in the game, but if he had played the same shot in the 2nd over, you can't blame him at all.  At worst, a minor quibble that don't do it so early given it was a small target.  But he plays with the pro-active mindset as opener - something we want - call it bazball whatever - and saw a ball in his scoring zone and went for a high percentage shot.  

Should not get overly criticized.  

Iyer's shot, I'm not so sure.  But more than Iyer's shot - I am disappointed at Rohit and Dravid's lack of flexibility.  Iyer is our middle order aggressor and at 2/3, KLPD with his experience and skillset against the new ball should have come out ahead of him.  Maybe because KLPD was in the shower? That's the only reason I can think of why this didn't happen. That or stupidity.

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

Iyer's shot, I'm not so sure.  But more than Iyer's shot - I am disappointed at Rohit and Dravid's lack of flexibility.  Iyer is our middle order aggressor and at 2/3, KLPD with his experience and skillset against the new ball should have come out ahead of him.  Maybe because KLPD was in the shower? That's the only reason I can think of why this didn't happen. That or stupidity.

Yes, with Iyer... driving on the up, vs Hazelwood on a two paced pitch was ill advised. Good point on sending KL before though. They should have thought of that.