How BCCI is playing politics in world cup schedule

Vilander

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No games In Guwahati. Cochin, Ranchi, Bhubhaneshwar, Chandigarh, vishakapatnam, Indore, 

Chaddi conspiracy…

Outrage… 

:protest:

Wherever there is a non-BJP govt, just make a theory that it didn't get a marquee game due to BJP politics. Easiest way to come up with an article and plenty of jhandus, like 2 in this thread, with no ability to think critically will lap it up

Even in 2011 the "Great" Chennai got only an India vs Minnow game while Ahmedabad got an India QF. 

At least this time they got India opener vs Aus.

Edited by Number

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

I think not giving a game for Mohali is not ok. May be there are reasons, but should have been planned.

Yup Mohali is a big miss and no reasons can justify them not getting a single match. 

Also there is a need to limit stadiums for broadcasters. They cant have setup in 30 stadiums, am sure they would also have had a say in count of stadiums. DRS setup also is not cheap, am sure even the UK company would have had some limitation in terms of number of venues they can support. 

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Yup Mohali is a big miss and no reasons can justify them not getting a single match. 

Also there is a need to limit stadiums for broadcasters. They cant have setup in 30 stadiums, am sure they would also have had a say in count of stadiums. DRS setup also is not cheap, am sure even the UK company would have had some limitation in terms of number of venues they can support. 

why not mohali instead of Pune ? How can they miss a venue like Mohali ? 

Edited by Vilander

27 minutes ago, Vilander said:

You are a moron you have nothing to debate but attack the people that post opinions.. typical chaddi.

You are the biggest idiot I have seen on this forum. Don't know what happened with you that you have such massive chip on shoulder. Typical chu4iya

Edited by Number

33 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Don't tell that to bots. They think it was all honest decision making.

6 hours ago, Number said:

Wherever there is a non-BJP govt, just make a theory that it didn't get a marquee game due to BJP politics. Easiest way to come up with an article and plenty of jhandus, like 2 in this thread, with no ability to think critically will lap it up

Even in 2011 the "Great" Chennai got only an India vs Minnow game while Ahmedabad got an India QF. 

At least this time they got India opener vs Aus.

You need to come up with a better excuse than this.

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

Maybe AAP?

Delhi got matches so cant be AAP.  My problem is the reason given for not selecting Mohali. Apparently Mohali doesnt meet ICC standards, and Delhi does ? Last i watched a match in Kotla was a few years ago but even an under renovation chepuk was better than kotla. That said, i agree with BCCI for not giving games to like of Guwahati, ranchi etc and stadiums like indore should not even get domestic games let alone world cup. 

2 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Delhi got matches so cant be AAP.  My problem is the reason given for not selecting Mohali. Apparently Mohali doesnt meet ICC standards, and Delhi does ? Last i watched a match in Kotla was a few years ago but even an under renovation chepuk was better than kotla. That said, i agree with BCCI for not giving games to like of Guwahati, ranchi etc and stadiums like indore should not even get domestic games let alone world cup. 

Delhi not getting a match would be a big deal. The excuse that Mohali is not good enough is just an excuse. I can find fault with any stadium but that is how they operate.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Delhi not getting a match would be a big deal. The excuse that Mohali is not good enough is just an excuse. I can find fault with any stadium but that is how they operate.

No one knows the exact reason but BCCI..however Bengaluru despite being a non-BJP govt got matches. Chepauk got an iconic India-Australia match, Dharamshala got some matches as well despite having Congress govt.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

You need to come up with a better excuse than this.

You can make theories about BJP not treating Mohali fairly because of AAP, but look at this Shukla guy, does he belong to BJP ? It is just your preconceived notion coming into play.

BCCI vice president Rajeev Shukla defended the Board’s move and explained the reason behind Mohali missing out on hosting World Cup matches.

“Virat Kohli’s 100th Test last year was given to Mohali. Mullanpur Stadium is getting ready in Mohali. Had it been ready, they would have got a World Cup match. The current stadium in Mohali did not meet the standards of ICC and hence was denied matches. But that does not matches would not be given to them. Bilateral series matches will be given to them, it is based on a rotational system. No ‘pick and choose’ has been done.

“ICC’s consent is important in finalising the venues. In Trivandrum, warm-up matches have been given, for the first time. It is not that any centre/zone has been ignored. Stadiums have been chosen after a lot of consideration, even in North East Zone, Guwahati got the matches. A lot of accommodation has been done in the schedule,” Shukla told ANI.

Truth is currently whole focus of PCA is on developing Mallanpur stadium. Organizing matches in Mohali would have delayed the Mallanpur project. So Mohali didn't get a game, blame it more on timing than anything else.