Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023/24

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think that's why most of the bigger teams like Mumbai, UP, Karnataka etc are taking time to announce their squad. Maybe waiting for BCCI to announce the T20 team for Aus soon.

Only TN is quick to announce their squad coz except Washington Sundar...no one is in contention. Sai Kishore might get overlooked by Bishnoi & Axar.

Sai Kishore did extremely well in Asian Games T20.  He was the find for me & performed straightaway.  Imo best young  left arm spinner in the country after perhaps Saurabh. 

Axar should play VHT..   Dude needs rhythm badly & get some overs under him.  He was bowling crap in last 5-6 months. 

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Tyagi seems like no. 9 or no. 10 bat as of now. not convinced enough about gurnoor with bat.

Tyagi is a no 10 at the moment. He has potential but yet to work on his batting.

Gurnoor is not finished product, and is currently a no. 8/9 bat. He has long range and good bat swing to hix sixes.

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kishan has not played much cricket...  Think he will find a spot & other one would be Jitesh or Prabhsimran

Only issue is he's an opener..and there is a traffic jam at the top.

That's why Jitesh leapfrogged him during Asian Games coz Jaiswal & Gaekwad were the openers...I think same will happen here as well. Kishan is also going to find tough to bat at the top as Tilak, SKY are potential no 3 & 4. So Kishan/Prabhsimran or any other keeper has to adjust at no 5/6 (swapping with Rinku).

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sai Kishore did extremely well in Asian Games T20.  He was the find for me & performed straightaway.  Imo best young  left arm spinner in the country after perhaps Saurabh. 

Axar should play VHT..   Dude needs rhythm badly & get some overs under him.  He was bowling crap in last 5-6 months. 

He did, but Axar played at the end of SMAT & scored big...that might scale the things in his favour. 

As main spinner Bishnoi will take the charge and he is a very good package for T20's...then we have our grandmaster as well because he performed in SMAT, so Axar's bowling won't be needed much and he might play in as a batting allrounder.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Only issue is he's an opener..and there is a traffic jam at the top.

That's why Jitesh leapfrogged him during Asian Games coz Jaiswal & Gaekwad were the openers...I think same will happen here as well. Kishan is also going to find tough to bat at the top as Tilak, SKY are potential no 3 & 4. So Kishan/Prabhsimran or any other keeper has to adjust at no 5/6 (swapping with Rinku).

I wish they give Prabh a chance...  Serious talent this guy.  Same batch as Gill Shaw. 

Gaikwad is more of a ODI style guy...  But Chuski lobby is strong...  Even Dube would be selected lol

2 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Maan ! There lies the danger .When core of pacers rested , there comes Boobie lurking around :((

It's a regressive step, but knowing BCCI it can happen. Arshdeep & Bhuvi both can make a comeback...with Prasidh or Shardul as third seamer.

Bumrah, Siraj, Shami will be rested.

Bhuvi 

Mukesh

Unadkat

Mavi

Arshdeep

Shardul

4 of the above 6 may get in and bowl 128 to 138 k. 

My expected lineup for T20Is ....

Bhuvi

Mukesh

Arshdeep

Shardul

Avesh 

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi 

Mukesh

Unadkat

Mavi

Arshdeep

Shardul

4 of the above 6 may get in and bowl 128 to 138 k. 

My expected lineup for T20Is ....

Bhuvi

Mukesh

Arshdeep

Shardul

Avesh 

My expected lineup is

Bhuvaneshwar 

Arshdeep

Shardul

Prasidh

Sid Kaul

I think Mukesh & Avesh might miss the bus this time...they were subpar in SMAT.

36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They rarely choose based on SMAT, unless it's a big name making a comeback. 

SMAT is mostly for IPL scouting teams to look for  players. Need Speedometer in every match and proper broadcasting of Domestic tournaments.

This time SMAT teams didnt pick the best/high potential performers from their respective Domestic leagues.

Rajasthan didnt pick- Ashok Sharma and Vishal who were most impressive bowlers.

UP dint give chance to Chikara, he got 3 back to back 100 in UP league

TN didnt pick Jafar Jamal - He is a hitter, saw some highlights looked similar to Inzimam from stance, able to move inside crease well while batting.

Edited by tapandrun
7 hours ago, tapandrun said:

SMAT is mostly for IPL scouting teams to look for  players. Need Speedometer in every match and proper broadcasting of Domestic tournaments.

This time SMAT teams didnt pick the best/high potential performers from their respective Domestic leagues.

TN didnt pick Jafar Jamal - He is a hitter, saw some highlights looked similar to Inzimam from stance, able to move inside crease well while batting.

Seniority culture prevails..otherwise someone like Ravi Bishnoi needn't switch to Gujrat to get consistent chances of playing. Nagarkoti isn't able to find any place for his state side.

Our domestic culture needs overhaul. New teams has to be created based on state population while some of the existing teams need to be scrapped/combined...like 7 different teams from North East, Railways, Services etc. Even 3 different teams for Gujrat don't make any sense to me and it need to be curtailed into 2.

Instead divide UP, Karnataka, Rajasthan, TN into 2 teams as these are big states.

Edited by singhvivek141
42 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Seniority culture prevails..otherwise someone like Ravi Bishnoi needn't switch to Gujrat to get consistent chances of playing. Nagarkoti isn't able to find any place for his state side.

Our domestic culture needs overhaul. New teams has to be created based on state population while some of the existing teams need to be scrapped/combined...like 7 different teams from North East, Railways, Services etc. Even 3 different teams for Gujrat don't make any sense to me and it need to be curtailed into 2.

Instead divide UP, Karnataka, Rajasthan, TN into 2 teams as these are big states.

Combining never works- A whole lot of politics, blame game and grouping and favouritism.

Is Nagarkoti fit, he didnt play in Rajasthan league.

19 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Combining never works- A whole lot of politics, blame game and grouping and favouritism.

Is Nagarkoti fit, he didnt play in Rajasthan league.

It's there, but this will work for teams like Arunachal, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Nagaland, Tripura, Manipur. They don't have enough talent to create an independent 11. All the performers of those respective teams are "loaned" players. It's better to make them a cohesive performer instead of creating a team with fillers.

Even Gujrat, Saurashtra, Baroda...they can be merged into 2. It will be less of an issue.

Nagarkoti is a big question, not sure if he is fit. But he is anyway better than likes of Tanveer Ul Haq or Rituraj Singh. Plus he is still only 23/24 year old, we can't waste him just because Rajasthan isn't about to manage his injury.

Edited by singhvivek141

Ideally they should reduce number of sides

There are far too many sides

No point having near 40 sides,lots of fringe and mediocre players get into reckoning

8 hours ago, tapandrun said:

jafar Jamal is a hack. No technique. He is of course very well built and probably one of the strongest out there but as hack as it gets

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Ideally they should reduce number of sides

There are far too many sides

No point having near 40 sides,lots of fringe and mediocre players get into reckoning

Ideally yes, but I don't think our selectors has any idea of "talented" vs "mediocre" players. State associations are mostly corrupt & promote nepotism and connections first.

6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Ideally yes, but I don't think our selectors has any idea of "talented" vs "mediocre" players. State associations are mostly corrupt & promote nepotism and connections first.

Increasing number of sides will only increase number of currupt administrators

That is upto BCCI to handle currption

Reducing number of sides automatically reduces number of currupt members

BCCI's task doesn't end here ,they have to make sure corruption is curbed