How long is indian tail !!!

velu

9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Shardul Thakur is a clutch player, he should have played here instead of Prasidh.

Thakur had his moments but let us face it.He is a very limited player and he is not getting younger either. You cannot discard a bowler for one bad innings.

I was all about giving Prasidh another chance, it would have been very unfair to PK if he was dropped after one test.

Now he has no reason to complain if he gets dropped.

9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Shardul Thakur is a clutch player, he should have played here instead of Prasidh.

Bhai you are talking about the old Thakur.

This new Thakur is ONE of the reasons why we lost WTC finals by day 1 itself.

This new Thakur is getting carted in EVERY game regardless of format.

1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Bhai you are talking about the old Thakur.

This new Thakur is ONE of the reasons why we lost WTC finals by day 1 itself.

This new Thakur is getting carted in EVERY game regardless of format.

What has changed, he is still not old , just that he hardly get chances and obviously he won’t perform every match

20 minutes ago, Adamant said:

What has changed, he is still not old , just that he hardly get chances and obviously he won’t perform every match

Everything has changed.

He is barely decent these days.

You can lose pace.

You can have bad habits creep into your action (bowlers can go from good to bad overnight until they rectify it).

You can have fitness issues and weight issues which prevents you from exerting req effort.

A lot can go wrong.

3 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Everything has changed.

He is barely decent these days.

You can lose pace.

You can have bad habits creep into your action (bowlers can go from good to bad overnight until they rectify it).

You can have fitness issues and weight issues which prevents you from exerting req effort.

A lot can go wrong.

Thakur hasnt lost pace. He still bowls at 135-38 range. He is still the best batter among our tail. 

Just now, sensible-indian said:

Im listing out what could go wrong.

Thakur is the best batter among the tail but he is a liability with the ball.

I dnno man. As a 4th seamer he does his job. He is not expected to run thru opponents. He is their to give respite to the main pacers while not giving away much 

Just now, SRT_1OO said:

I dnno man. As a 4th seamer he does his job. He is not expected to run thru opponents. He is their to give respite to the main pacers while not giving away much 

That is the role of a batting AR.

Pandya, Marsh, Green, etc.

Plus the 4th pacer should be economical which Thakur isnt.

Earlier he used to go for runs but he used to pick important wickets...but now it has dried up and his bowling has gotten more wayward.

Great overachiever, memorable honeymoon period but age/fitness is not on Thakur's side. And his batting returns are moving closer to his FC stats, I mean there must be legit reasons why his FC batting average is 17, over a huge sample size and covering most of his 20s....not skewed by when he was very young. 

decline of shardul has been sad. I will agree with @Adamant that he won some valuable matches, and was indeed a clutch player in the early part of his career. memorable performances in SA, Eng, and Aus.

However, looking at him now, his pace is down, his accuracy is down, his swing is down (I think all these can be quantified and proven if one has CricViz-type data). and his batting is also more miss than hit nowadays. It is time to move on from him.

One can praise a player for what they did, and also acknowledge that their time is up.