South Africa's squad for all format Home series vs India

Lone Wolf

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Toss will matter only in Centurion...  Batting last there when Pitch quickens up & with indentations is a nightmare. 

Safe to say the side which wins the toss has a huge advantage. 

Newlands is more even for both sides. 

India has never won there & last 2 times we were unable to defend & in 2018 unable to chase.  Pant's ATG knock in 2022 still hurts..  He had no support..  That knock was better in quality than even Gabba.   One of the best you will ever see.  Such a shame it wasn't in a winning cause. 

We need Rohit at his absolute 2021 England tour best to have any chance of winning a single test. He needs to survive till the 20th over or so when the ball becomes a bit old and scoring much easier. Jaiswal will play one good knock out of 4 innings and he is pretty new. so cant rely on him. that leads to our middle order which is Gill. Gill has been iffy in all away tests except the one in melbourne and brisbane. he has not scored above 50 if i m not wrong in any of the tests in England.. so technically we are pretty weak in the top with rohit jaiswal and gill.. so we can easily be 86/3 with Kohli and Rahul ( if he is keeping) dragging us to 140 odd where we lose our 4th.. in Rahul.. he ll nod his head four times as he saunters back to pavilion.. .. iyer will come and smack a few and get caught for 11 ball 16 in the deep on a rising ngidi or coetzee delivery and we will be 168/4 with kohli and jadeja who will do some repair job till kohli loses his wicket at the start of 81st over to a vicious rabada outswinger..210/5.. jadeja if all goes well will play and miss a few and give strike on the second ball to sharduli who will hack two and get out on the next ball. his expressionless face while walking back... bumrah will try to play one or two shots before he balloons up a catch to elgar.. and we are suddenly 238/8.. jadeja will smack two fours before he is castled by ngidi and  next ball siraj instead of giving strike back to shami will step out against maharaj like a buffoon and get stumped. and. india all out for 249.. till this we are sure.. we will follow the script..

... what happens next .. ie how well bumrah and siraj and shami bowl to elgar bavuma and makram will decide the test series..

14 minutes ago, neel roy said:

We need Rohit at his absolute 2021 England tour best to have any chance of winning a single test. He needs to survive till the 20th over or so when the ball becomes a bit old and scoring much easier. Jaiswal will play one good knock out of 4 innings and he is pretty new. so cant rely on him. that leads to our middle order which is Gill. Gill has been iffy in all away tests except the one in melbourne and brisbane. he has not scored above 50 if i m not wrong in any of the tests in England.. so technically we are pretty weak in the top with rohit jaiswal and gill.. so we can easily be 86/3 with Kohli and Rahul ( if he is keeping) dragging us to 140 odd where we lose our 4th.. in Rahul.. he ll nod his head four times as he saunters back to pavilion.. .. iyer will come and smack a few and get caught for 11 ball 16 in the deep on a rising ngidi or coetzee delivery and we will be 168/4 with kohli and jadeja who will do some repair job till kohli loses his wicket at the start of 81st over to a vicious rabada outswinger..210/5.. jadeja if all goes well will play and miss a few and give strike on the second ball to sharduli who will hack two and get out on the next ball. his expressionless face while walking back... bumrah will try to play one or two shots before he balloons up a catch to elgar.. and we are suddenly 238/8.. jadeja will smack two fours before he is castled by ngidi and  next ball siraj instead of giving strike back to shami will step out against maharaj like a buffoon and get stumped. and. india all out for 249.. till this we are sure.. we will follow the script..

... what happens next .. ie how well bumrah and siraj and shami bowl to elgar bavuma and makram will decide the test series..

jaiswal & Gill are ultimate wild cards..  I don't know how they will go. Ideally Gill should like it there as he is a backfoot player. 

Will be tough for Jaiswal with new ball.  I hope he picks & chooses right ones to go after.  Cover drive is risky..  Should rely on his cuts & pulls. 

Rohit is Rohit...  I bank on him to get 40-50 odd.. 

Kohli is limited in those conditions with no backfoot play but he can hang around.. And look for loose balls. 

12 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

jaiswal & Gill are ultimate wild cards..  I don't know how they will go. Ideally Gill should like it there as he is a backfoot player. 

Will be tough for Jaiswal with new ball.  I hope he picks & chooses right ones to go after.  Cover drive is risky..  Should rely on his cuts & pulls. 

Rohit is Rohit...  I bank on him to get 40-50 odd.. 

Kohli is limited in those conditions with no backfoot play but he can hang around.. And look for loose balls. 

see we can bank on kohli to have the following scores - 7,42,78,29

rohit- 44,77,19,26

Jdeja - 35,52,11,44

but other than these 3 above i actually cant even predict scores of jaiswal,gill,iyer, kl..because their standard deviation is so high.. hot and cold. i have no clue.. rahul was immnese in first test but then next 2 tests he was crap.... what they  manage to score will define the series 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Also Saffers will pull every dirty trick to win...  Their broadcasters are notorious. 

That dubious Mayank LBW call in Centurion (didn't cost us)  but was a pre cursor to what happened in Newlands. 

Umpiring will be dodgy & Crowd will be rowdy.   It's hard to win there. 

After Shock loss vs SL they hosted them in highveld next year & won 3-0..   

Dravid botched us last time...  Hopefully he has learnt some lessons. 

We need to get temba out. Then game is finished for SA. Unlike LOI temba is very good in tests. He is also clutch in sena conditons. 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:47 PM, neel roy said:

How close was my prediction