Test 11 Vs SA

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

There is no point of Ashwin in a place like SA...  You need overspin there.  I'd have played Sundar over him.  He looks like a better off spinner rn..  His loop is better & has a bit of Lyon in him too.  Turns the ball from off stump.  Ash darts on leg vs lefties & righties. 

Hopefully he gets a run in Australia next year.  Better batsman too. 

We need to back Jadeja...  More right handers in SA.  He can hit the rough more accurately. 

This whole argument of Ashwin over Iyer based on "batting" is like....

Ashwin in 12 innings in SA does not have a single 50.  He has just 1 40, 2 30s a and other nothing scores.

If you want a batsman - pick Iyer. Has never played there but has upside. Far better fielder too. 

If you want Ashwin because you are fan and maybe he will work out - has to if you give enough chances - then say so.

4 hours ago, AKane said:

Ashwin in 12 innings in SA does not have a single 50.  He has just 1 40, 2 30s a and other nothing scores.

If you want a batsman - pick Iyer. Has never played there but has upside. Far better fielder too. 

If you want Ashwin because you are fan and maybe he will work out - has to if you give enough chances - then say so.

Iyer sucks vs bounce and SA is not the right place for him. He will get exposed again. 

But ash isn't the answer either.

11 hours ago, AKane said:

Iyer is not a bad batsman...  We know he has a deadly square cut.  If Bavuma can do well...  Then Iyer has every chance as well. 

He is a fast run scorer & u need players like him in MO in SA.  He can hit someone like Rabada off his length. 

He has more chance to struggle in Australia than SA where you don't need bigger inns...  Just a 40-50 odd is enough to win games. 

Guys- 

if Shammi was fit, he would be the first Pace bowler for tests ahead of Siraj and BOOM. Why? Because he has "MASTERED" the art of pitching the ball on it SEAM-Pattti pe ball dalta hai. if the pitch is green then it is kind of SURE that he will take a FIFER, even today when he is bowling 136 to 143K but with extensive expertise to bowl on seam, he is deadly and could have won the match for us.

BOOM is learning from him and that's why he is bowling various lengths and sometimes bowling on Seam too.

Prasidh is too tall and should succeed or create a lot of opportunities.

My 11 would include Jaddu, BOOM, Siraj, and Prasidh in the first test. I would play with 4 bowlers only and maybe Tilak Verma or any batsman as the fifth bowler.

I will go with other batsmen and Boom Siraj and Prasidh as Bowlers. Shardul can be picked if his batting Skills are looking very good as I trust Prasidh Siraj and BOOM will do the needfull on a green wicket. 

if the pitch is a PATTA type then I will go with 4 pacers(Prasidh, Siraj, boom) and Jaddu....

India Test squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah (vc), Prasidh Krishna, KS Bharat (wk), Abhimanyu Easwaran.

that is the test 15. Easwaran, Bharat, Mukesh kumar and Ashwin may sit out.

I will play Easwaran ahead of Shardul if the PITCH is green as if pitch is green 3 pacers can win the game for us as Siraj and boom can bowl 6 to 8 over spells too and Prasidh can bowl 6 over spells and Jaddu can bowl for 10 overs at a stretch.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

India Test squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah (vc), Prasidh Krishna, KS Bharat (wk), Abhimanyu Easwaran.

that is the test 15. Easwaran, Bharat, Mukesh kumar and Ashwin may sit out.

I will play Easwaran ahead of Shardul if the PITCH is green as if pitch is green 3 pacers can win the game for us as Siraj and boom can bowl 6 to 8 over spells too and Prasidh can bowl 6 over spells and Jaddu can bowl for 10 overs at a stretch.

Prasidh Is the first name I would have in SA

If prasidh can't do well in tailored made bouncy pitches in SA then he should quit cricket. 

Prasidh

Bumrah

Siraj

Thakur

I wanted rana or tyagi but that won't happen and shardul has done pretty well in SA.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Guys- 

if Shammi was fit, he would be the first Pace bowler for tests ahead of Siraj and BOOM. Why? Because he has "MASTERED" the art of pitching the ball on it SEAM-Pattti pe ball dalta hai. if the pitch is green then it is kind of SURE that he will take a FIFER, even today when he is bowling 136 to 143K but with extensive expertise to bowl on seam, he is deadly and could have won the match for us.

BOOM is learning from him and that's why he is bowling various lengths and sometimes bowling on Seam too.

Prasidh is too tall and should succeed or create a lot of opportunities.

My 11 would include Jaddu, BOOM, Siraj, and Prasidh in the first test. I would play with 4 bowlers only and maybe Tilak Verma or any batsman as the fifth bowler.

I will go with other batsmen and Boom Siraj and Prasidh as Bowlers. Shardul can be picked if his batting Skills are looking very good as I trust Prasidh Siraj and BOOM will do the needfull on a green wicket. 

if the pitch is a PATTA type then I will go with 4 pacers(Prasidh, Siraj, boom) and Jaddu....

I would play this ideally

Jaiswal

Rohit

Eshwaran he can play swing well

Kohli

Gill

kela ideally someone else like kishan or any leftie. 

Judejaaa ideally washy

Thukarrr ideally rana

Siraj

Prasidh

Bumrah

17 hours ago, AKane said:

Iyer is technically suspect and has minimal chance of doing well

Would have loved to play some proper bat in his place but there's no one.