Elephant kohli in the room

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Kohli went back the next day after his father died due to heart attack to during  Ranji Trophy and He still went to play the match and helped his team draw the match by scoring 90 as 18 year old.

He allowed to take break but selectors also are allowed to drop him.

selectors won't. he can take 1 yr paternal leave, and they will still play him... even if he's 40+. they know that he's the face of IPL and Indian cricket. in fact, VK will never ever be dropped, even if he plays until andie's age

On 2/22/2024 at 8:19 PM, putrevus said:

Kohli went back the next day after his father died due to heart attack to during  Ranji Trophy and He still went to play the match and helped his team draw the match by scoring 90 as 18 year old.

He allowed to take break but selectors also are allowed to drop him.

That Kohli is not the same as the one who is married but then again that's my opinion backed by what ever had happened since then.  

Is there any reason why that child was delivered in the UK btw? 

Edited by rollingstoned
16 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

That Kohli is not the same as the one who is married but then again that's my opinion backed by what ever had happened since then.  

Is there any reason why that child was delivered in the UK btw? 

I said many time just for child birth taking whole series off is bit too much. People change, he is allowed to take times off if he feels important. Only thing I blame him he should have made it very clear and not dangle will he or won't he comeback nonsense.

I have no idea why child was delivered there.Maybe to get citizenship.

12 hours ago, Vijy said:

selectors won't. he can take 1 yr paternal leave, and they will still play him... even if he's 40+. they know that he's the face of IPL and Indian cricket. in fact, VK will never ever be dropped, even if he plays until andie's age

I hope it is not the case, I don't want him to become another Sachin who played for 200 tests and hurting the team.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No his child is not entitled to British citizenship. Unlike the US, just being born in the UK is not enough. Parents who are not UK citizens need to have to have the "settled" imigration status in the UK for the child to qualify and that is not the case for Kohli or his wife. The child will be an Indian citizen by birth and not entitled to a UK passport.

So whatever the reason, it cannot be for entitlement to UK citizenship. it is most likely something medical or a desire for privacy which to be frank seems a bit over the top.

8 minutes ago, lemsip said:

No his child is not entitled to British citizenship. Unlike the US, just being born in the UK is not enough. Parents who are not UK citizens need to have to have the "settled" imigration status in the UK for the child to qualify and that is not the case for Kohli or his wife. The child will be an Indian citizen by birth and not entitled to a UK passport.

So whatever the reason, it cannot be for entitlement to UK citizenship. it is most likely something medical or a desire for privacy which to be frank seems a bit over the top.

Oh, I thought they have the same rules as US.I also agree missing whole series for child birth is bit too much.His wife is giving birth.

If he wanted privacy , he is allowed to have it.He is spending his money but the dance he was playing was not correct.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Oh, I thought they have the same rules as US.I also agree missing whole series for child birth is bit too much.His wife is giving birth.

Also bear in mind that for the child to be able to travel back to India, he will need to apply for an Indian passport at the High commission in London and this can take time as well so it will be difficult for the Kohli family to come back to India soon after the birth even if there was no medical reason to continue to be in London.

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I said many time just for child birth taking whole series off is bit too much. People change, he is allowed to take times off if he feels important. Only thing I blame him he should have made it very clear and not dangle will he or won't he comeback nonsense.

That won't work. From what I know neither of that kids parents are UK citizens. UK follows jus sanguinis. 

1 hour ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

Virat Kohli is the third best batsman India has ever produced and will and should always walk into the team whenever he wants. He has earned that right. 

it doesnt matter what you petrol fillin, sareee selling, basement dwellers think about him

who are one and two? odd choice to put him at three. and yes, Kohli will play 250 tests. BCCI won't drop him, even if he averages 20 in the remaining tests.