Bazball's self-delusion exposed in crushing loss - Mike Atherton

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not sure of BGT now, our pace bowling is in crisis mode. Imagine if Bumrah gets injured.....don't have hopes on Shami's return and don't want to talk about the thanda Siraj. 

On Aussie forum they seem to be really concerned with their batting which honestly is as weak as I have ever seen. 

Will be a close series if we prepare well. 

Hopefully Shami gets fit. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

On Aussie forum they seem to be really concerned with their batting which honestly is as weak as I have ever seen. 

Will be a close series if we prepare well. 

Hopefully Shami gets fit. 

Bumrah, Shami need to be wrapped in cotton wool. Don't need to play them in the home series against BD and NZ. Let us groom Akashdeep and some other youngster for a change. 

Aus batting may have issues but will settle before BGT, and even weak batting lineup will get fired up looking at Siraj, Mukesh, Prasidh, Unadkat. 

Just now, Gollum said:

Bumrah, Shami need to be wrapped in cotton wool. Don't need to play them in the home series against BD and NZ. Let us groom Akashdeep and some other youngster for a change. 

Aus batting may have issues but will settle before BGT, and even weak batting lineup will get fired up looking at Siraj, Mukesh, Prasidh, Unadkat. 

Siraj is such a moody bowler...  Needs a reality check like Gill.  Talent is there but he needs motivation I feel. 

I think he may get dropped from T20 WC squad or may get thrashed in T20 WC..  That would be a decent setback. 

Mukesh I hope we have seen the last of him...  May he get beating of a lifetime in IPl.  That would be nice.  Unadkat is much superior to him & that says something. 

3 minutes ago, Kron said:

No we cannot compete with poms and Australia if they 'cared' for cricket. We are inferior. We won cause they don't care

Our cricketing achievements surpass Poms...  But dwarfs in comparison to Australia.  They are the benchmark for rest of the world across sports. 

18 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Our cricketing achievements surpass Poms...  But dwarfs in comparison to Australia.  They are the benchmark for rest of the world across sports. 

I was being facetious

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

For me Aus, WI, Eng are superior. 

We have overtaken Pak in the last 10-15 years. 

To think we have produced our first great fast bowler 85 years after we got test status speaks volumes. 

5 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

People bagging Siraj should remember that Warner said he was very hard to face last time out with his 3 quarter delivery. Ofc that was a Siraj with a point to prove who was making his debut yet still. 

That Siraj and this Siraj are poles apart. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

For me Aus, WI, Eng are superior. 

We have overtaken Pak in the last 10-15 years. 

To think we have produced our first great fast bowler 85 years after we got test status speaks volumes. 

even SA would have been superior. they were not complete minnows in early part of tests (pre-WW2) and had excellent players in 60s-80s when they didn't play much or at all. and since 90s, they are a pretty good team

43 minutes ago, Vijy said:

even SA would have been superior. they were not complete minnows in early part of tests (pre-WW2) and had excellent players in 60s-80s when they didn't play much or at all. and since 90s, they are a pretty good team

RSA AT XI will be stronger than most teams, just that they lack a spinner. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

RSA AT XI will be stronger than most teams, just that they lack a spinner. 

hugh tayfield was before my time, but I know cricket lovers from my parent's generation who saw him and lance gibbs, gupte, lock, etc and rated him higher than all but laker.