No one knows how Akash Deep's career will pan out, but what a genuine guy he is

https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket-videos/akash-deep-i-dedicate-this-performance-to-my-father-1422388

Take 3 min and watch the above video. The part about his family and dedicating his performance to his father tugs at one's heartstrings. But even beyond that, the depth with which he answers all the questions about his bowling, his attitude towards bowling, his role with the team, how to support others who are struggling ... all point to a guy who is probably an uplifting person to have in the dressing room. Hoping he has a long and fruitful career and makes lots of money in IPL too.

And I can only hope that, whenever he struggles (which he will at some point), we don't mock the way he looks, use juvenile epithets against him and mock his English diction. But I won't hold my breath. Fans are vicious.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/cricket-videos/akash-deep-i-dedicate-this-performance-to-my-father-1422388

Take 3 min and watch the above video. The part about his family and dedicating his performance to his father tugs at one's heartstrings. But even beyond that, the depth with which he answers all the questions about his bowling, his attitude towards bowling, his role with the team, how to support others who are struggling ... all point to a guy who is probably an uplifting person to have in the dressing room. Hoping he has a long and fruitful career and makes lots of money in IPL too.

And I can only hope that, whenever he struggles (which he will at some point), we don't mock the way he looks, use juvenile epithets against him and mock his English diction. But I won't hold my breath. Fans are vicious.

he's a good bowler. one can debate whether he is int'l class, but he has done more than some pacers who played recently.

38 minutes ago, Kron said:

Very good bowler. Even if he under performs it is what it is. Unfortunetly you are in the sport business. Celebrities, sports people and anyone in the entertainment business will get mocked and ridiculed if they arent up to par

Thats just how it is. 

he's also a nice guy. has some batting ability unlike the 1D siraj

His father and elder brother died within a span of 6 months and he became sole breadwinner of the family consisting 2 sisters and mother.

Yashasvi, Sarfaraz, Mukesh, Jurel and now this guy. Our cricket has surely come a long way from the days it was a club exclusive of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai-Hyd and Bangalore.