Travel Rants in India

coffee_rules

NA, SA and Europe have pathetic planes and service. BA perhaps the only exception. In general, most airlines have become extremely poor now. I almost exclusively travel economy or economy plus, so can't compare business class. Even the middle eastern planes to Eastern Europe have become extremely thrifty! I was shocked that Emirates (whatever their economy planes are called) wouldn't even give water for free on a 5 hr flight from Prague to Dubai!

Indian airline industry has been an economy-focused industry. In such a price sensitive market like India - it doesn't pay to have luxury. We generate enough and more demand even for the crappy service we get today. It's only going to get worse as air travel becomes more accessible. In fact, I now find it easier to drive/take overnight buses for upto 10 hr travels in India. Esp living in Bangalore, air travel has become tortuous!

Edited by bharathh

9 minutes ago, bharathh said:

NA, SA and Europe have pathetic planes and service. BA perhaps the only exception. In general, most airlines have become extremely poor now. I almost exclusively travel economy or economy plus, so can't compare business class. Even the middle eastern planes to Eastern Europe have become extremely thrifty! I was shocked that Emirates (whatever their economy planes are called) wouldn't even give water for free on a 5 hr flight from Prague to Dubai!

Indian airline industry has been an economy-focused industry. In such a price sensitive market like India - it doesn't pay to have luxury. We generate enough and more demand even for the crappy service we get today. It's only going to get worse as air travel becomes more accessible. In fact, I now find it easier to drive/take overnight buses for upto 10 hr travels in India. Esp living in Bangalore, air travel has become tortuous!

There is nothing more unpleasant than air travel. The whole thing. From booking tickets to the airport crap to the flight itself. Not to mention immigration and customs and .... it's just terrible. Always has been. Just getting worse. If it were up to me, I'd never travel by air ever again.

Yes i travel a lot. All of a sudden after having covid 4 times now, i get castraphobic air sickness which makes me feel like passing out. Anyone dealt with that?

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Yes i travel a lot. All of a sudden after having covid 4 times now, i get castraphobic air sickness which makes me feel like passing out. Anyone dealt with that?

Recently after reading too much of missing Malaysian flight and Dutch plane getting shot down by Russians, I had trouble going through flight take-offs and landings. Heart palpitations and swaying. Like an anxiety attack. Life moments pass by and I expect any moment for the plane Togo down. 

No comparison in my opinion and experience.

European and NA airlines are much better in terms of airport and fight experience.

Lufthansa has been the best for Europe or American travel. Singapore has been great experience  too but I don't go east from India to go the US or Europe 

56 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Recently after reading too much of missing Malaysian flight and Dutch plane getting shot down by Russians, I had trouble going through flight take-offs and landings. Heart palpitations and swaying. Like an anxiety attack. Life moments pass by and I expect any moment for the plane Togo down. 

Keep watching the flight map. Increasing height and speed will give comfort

Whenever there is turbulence in Air India, I always fear some mechanic may have done some jugaad and the plane is going down

Only in Indian toilets in airports, there is a guy helping out people with paper towels. He does a namaste and always feel he expects a tip. Feel very awkward , avoid his eye contact as if guilty of not tipping him. In the late 90s , esp in Bengaluru airports, the immigration and custom guys or normal baggage handlers etc  would openly ask for $s, now that has completely stopped. But feel sorry for the toilet guy!