Fat fast bowlers

I caught the highlights of SL vs BD match after reading about one bowler from Bishop. They are all fat with massive belly. I can't believe how they are able to bowl with that physique. Seeing IPL this yash Thakur, Shardul Thakur, Deshpande all look heavy. This Yash Thakur has a chubby face and is gasping for breath.  Even Dhayal looks a bit heavy.  On one end we have match stick bowlers like Siraj, Khaleel ahmed.  Why don't these guys  us get them into shape to get optimum results.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I caught the highlights of SL vs BD match after reading about one bowler from Bishop. They are all fat with massive belly. I can't believe how they are able to bowl with that physique. Seeing IPL this yash Thakur, Shardul Thakur, Deshpande all look heavy. This Yash Thakur has a chubby face and is gasping for breath.  Even Dhayal looks a bit heavy.  On one end we have match stick bowlers like Siraj, Khaleel ahmed.  Why don't these guys  us get them into shape to get optimum results.

Merv Hughes was the best .

And I miss cricketers like Boon and Ranatunga, although batters.

Can't wait to see Rakheem Cornwall play more.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Fast bowling is a touch harder with belly though. For couple of Srilankan  guys it was literally hanging in some angles.

40 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Fast bowling is a touch harder with belly though. For couple of Srilankan  guys it was literally hanging in some angles.

Those guys aren't that fat.

There are fat players in mlb baseball as well ,i have seen many batters and pitchers who look fat.

Edited by MediumPacer
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

also late-career ian botham.

39 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Lahiru Kumara comes to mind immediately. Someone on another forum said fast bowlers should have an ass, it helps them launch and gave the eg of the Windies quartet lol.

He is not alone. Almost all Srilankan bowlers have extra junk. Fish is their staple diet.  Fish curry, Fish fry.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:38 PM, rollingstoned said:

Lahiru Kumara comes to mind immediately. Someone on another forum said fast bowlers should have an ass, it helps them launch and gave the eg of the Windies quartet lol.

Large glutes are common to hip dominant bowlers. And Windies quicks were all hip dominant types. 

How is this wrong exactly ?