Jane Mcgrath, wife of Pigeon Dies of cancer

McGrath pays tribute to wife's courage Grieving former Australia fast bowler Glenn McGrath paid tribute to the courage of his wife following her death on Sunday. More... Cricket-McGrath pays tribute to wife's courage Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:41am BST (releads, adds Glenn McGrath quotes paras 3-6, changes dateline) SYDNEY, June 23 (Reuters) - Grieving former Australia fast bowler Glenn McGrath paid tribute to the courage of his wife following her death on Sunday. English-born Jane lost her long battle with cancer at the age of 42. "I am devastated by the loss of my beautiful wife Jane," Glenn McGrath said in a statement on Monday. "She was my best friend. "This is also a very tough time for our children James and Holly. I am grateful they were able to spend the time they had with their mother. "They were her world. I would like to think Jane will be remembered as an extraordinary person whose courage and determination humbled me and inspired so many people. "I never took for granted the time I had with Jane and if there is one thing that can be drawn from her life, it is that every day is a blessing." PINK RIBBONS The Australian cricket team will honour Jane's memory during Tuesday's one-day international against West Indies in St. Vincent. The players will wear pink ribbons and batsmen will use pink grips on their bats. The colour pink represents the McGrath Foundation, an organisation set up by Glenn and Jane to raise money for the fight against breast cancer. "Jane was a wonderful person who fought and maintained grace and dignity during her long-term illness," Australia captain Ricky Ponting said in a statement. "She was an exceptionally friendly and lovely person who displayed great courage and stoicism during her illness. "She was a tremendous mother to James and Holly and shared a very special and deep relationship with Glenn in the time they had together." Australian newspapers reacted with sorrow on Monday, all major metropolitan dailies dedicating their front pages to the news. Most also had extended coverage in the news and sports sections. (Reporting by Andrew Stevens; Editing by Ed Osmond)

its feels bad that in todays world of technological Advancement...we still have not made a disease like cancer..a curable disease...people still die from Cancers.. and it makes me think..how helpless we become.. May Glen pass through this grief... Bhagwaan unki aatma ko shanti den... Hari Om...
that's why guys like us work day and night, researching to come up with new ways to combat the virus.
its feels bad that in todays world of technological Advancement...we still have not made a disease like cancer..a curable disease...people still die from Cancers.. and it makes me think..how helpless we become.. May Glen pass through this grief... Bhagwaan unki aatma ko shanti den... Hari Om...
Sad. One of my close relatives whom I was very fond of had cancer, and eventually succumbed. I know how much it hurts. Its really really sad that despite tremendous advancements in science and technology, different forms of this disease can devastate life and families.
Sarwan did nothing wrong. When he said what he said he did not know she had cancer!
:dito: ... sarwan was repllying to comment from McGrath .. I dont think its the right forum\time to discuss anyway I have seen few of her interviews here in Aus and she was a woman of courage and had a great personality. McGraths also started a foundation to help cancer patients and she was a very active lady till her last days ...