The People of Karachi...

Rajiv

I too was wondering about the crowd attendance. ODIs in Pakistan usually see a fair amount of spectators in the stands. It was surprising that even when Pakistan played against Hong Kong, there were not many spectators. If there are not many in tomorrow's match between Indian and Pakistan, then I wonder if this is conscious effort by the PCB to not let in too many spectators for security reasons especially since most of the matches are scheduled in Karachi. Too much is at stake for PCB as some teams like the Aussies have not agreed to come to Pakistan and with the Champions Trophy in the near future. We should see a packed house for tomorrow's game if everything is ok and there isnt spectator filtering.

The absence of crowds in FC matches/test matches/ODIs involving low-profile opponents really does shatter the myth that people of Pakistan ( or India) love the game of cricket. Fans are interested only in high-profile clashes, which shows that sport is still an individual-driven phenomenon.

The People of Karachi... :haha:...haven't seen their beloved team win an ODI match against India in over 10 years !!! :hysterical::hysterical: This was India's FOURTH CONSECUTIVE WIN against Phakistan in this city. 1997, 2004, 2006, and now this piss-easy chase in 2008. That's FOUR IN A ROW. Karachi can now officially be called INDIAN territory...:hysterical: What complete ownage. I really pity all those working class folk, packing the stadiums to the rafters (well, at the beginning anyway) - hoping to see their team win a match against their arch-rivals, showing up with their mugs painted, in their green jerseys, vociferously cheering every run scored by their crappy batsmen, only to eventually leave depressed (long before the match is supposed to end) as India's batsmen trample all over their gutless bowlers. Oh dear. 42.1 overs...LMFAO. This one was even better than the 286/2 back in '06. Time for the PCB bigwigs to shoot off another email ?