Which, out of these, is the best batting lineup?

to an extent true but neither do we see such pitches nor does world cricket has bowlers to exploit such conditions. However if we do come across such a pitch and our batting lineup does struggle we have some good fast bowlers. Zaheer, RP, Sreesanth with Ishant, Praveen, Pathan may not be able to run through a line up but on favorable wickets any combination of above 6 can make most current batting line ups struggle.
Excellent point. :girl_handsacrossame

2003 was terrific and no wonder India didn't lose to any other than Australia in the 2003 WC. Mongia was a waste of space then. The current batting line up is terrific and is in form. Even when they lose they seem to score sizable runs and in quick time. That is the sign of good ODI batting. There is no second measure with the current batting line up, most are stroke players and continue to play their strokes whatever the situation of the game. Perhaps Dhoni has ensured that whatever the result they should play positive cricket.

the current lineup on the current form looks far more devastating than the previous batting lineups..but then the 2003 lineup was really successful as well wat with Sachin,Viru,RD,Yuvi and to an extent Sourav hitting a purple patch..but the difference is the 2003 lineup has players who can really fight it out under testing conditions and the present lineup has not really played in that situation so far..agreed CB series was a gud challenge but v had Sachin there also..so i wud really love to see our young team fighting it out in testing,seaming,swinging or watever conditions and winning the tournament..i know ODIs are having less and less of these kind of pitches but a win in SA or NZ or Eng is always better than a win in our country coz v know v can chase any score in our conditions..

Second mystery I am never able to solve in my life after the "What came first, Egg or Murgi" was "How the hell Kaif got 125 matches with that Afridique 70 strike rate lower down the order and hitting a humoungous total of 9 sixes in his entire carrer" The worst Indian player to play 100+ matches....

2003 WORLD CUP Tendulkar Sehwag Ganguly Dravid Yuvraj Kaif Mongia Lineup in 2007 Ganguly Tendulkar Gambhir Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Uthappa Post CB series and potentially the 2011 WORLD CUP Lineup Sehwag Gambhir Raina Yuvraj Dhoni Sharma Pathan
well judging by then performances, and not contemporary performances, and other factors such as age etc, i would rate the 2003 lineup sperior to all else with the exchange of Laxman for Mongia...
Second mystery I am never able to solve in my life after the "What came first' date=' Egg or Murgi" was "How the hell Kaif got 125 matches with that Afridique 70 strike rate lower down the order and hitting a humoungous total of 9 sixes in his entire carrer" The worst Indian player to play 100+ matches....[/quote'] He played a majority of his prolonged innings higher up the order in conditions that were either a lot more demanding or he often came to the crease when the need of the hour for shepherding the side towards a gradual but inevitable victory. for instance, his innings in the 4th match of the 2004, pakistan vs. india series, where he joined hands with dravid to lead india to an impressive victory while chasing 291, he did quite well without causing too much of a furoe since the earlier batsmen had struck enough quick runs to set us on the way with a decent run rate. all he and dravid had to do was deftly rotate the strike and keep the scorecard ticking. smething they achieved quite impressively.
Guest Hiten.

Indian batting line up has always been great on paper but they have succumbed under certain circumstances. Consistency is what we should be looking for in our batting line up.

Indian batting line up has always been great on paper but they have succumbed under certain circumstances. Consistency is what we should be looking for in our batting line up.
give credit where it is due. if we were to never succumb, or chase down the most impossible of targets, would we ever lose a game?
Dhoni's DEVILS will prove you wrong. :hatsoff:
It's just some ICFers like you don't want God in the team.....Even Dhoni himself and members of the team would dearly love the talent and experience of Sach.. in the team. Just the other day when we lost to Pak in the finals,we all missed Sach.....Now just after one of those occassional brilliance of Viru and Raina finally doing justice to his talent,we don't need Sach..at all!!!!
The current one is by far' date=' the BEST Indian ODI batting combination, ever.[/quote'] You know, I was also thinking the same but I think we are jumping the gun. When this team can play as well as they have in more bowler friendly conditions, we can rate them as the best. Let them win a few trophies as well.

My dream ODI lineup Gambhir Marauder the motha*er Suresh Raina Sachin lord tendulkar yumraj Singh Dhoni Rohit Sharma(in form)/Yusuf P on flat pitches requiring little technique/Shikhar Dhawan Irfan Pathan harbhajan/mishra/chawla in that order P1 P2 P3 P1/P2/P3 = Ishant /zaheer /sreesanth/ praveen /rp singh on a rotating basis munaf/gony as replacements :hatsoff:

It's just some ICFers like you don't want God in the team.....Even Dhoni himself and members of the team would dearly love the talent and experience of Sach.. in the team. Just the other day when we lost to Pak in the finals,we all missed Sach.....Now just after one of those occassional brilliance of Viru and Raina finally doing justice to his talent,we don't need Sach..at all!!!!
lol man Flamy never said abt Sachin not needed in the team..v all know wat kind of impact he has wen he is around..and he is not going to stay forever u know..he at the max has 3 years left in him so v have to get our team to fill in the big gap that he is going to leave..no one can replace him but as one of the fellow ICFer pointed out a gud batsman+ a gud bowler shd do it for India..so chillax and start supporting a team without Sachin..most of the ppl here are die hard sachin fans but then i would really love to see our young team winning tournaments sans Sachin..he shd play only in important tournaments from now on..ideally he shd concentrate on his test career and get that 50 test 100s which is slowly but surely slipping out of his grasps..his ODI records are gonna stay for eternity..im pretty sure no one can come close to it..
If you have the patience and time, check my posts. I don't diss Tendulkar. And neither did I say after we lost the Kitply final, we needed SRT to have won. I know he is class. But, it's irritating whenever people say, "Oh, if only we had SRT at this point...". Bull crap. This is the team of the future and they should not be dependent on the great man. I want him to play only the important series like Champions Trophy, World Cup, Aus series etc. Not this silly stuff with Pak, which would be just a waste of his presence. :hatsoff: This is the phag end of his career. Being his fan, do you want him to walk into a team that NEEDS him and would collapse if he doesn't perform or a team that WANTS him for his masterclass and gives him the confidence to play and enjoy (something that he was never able to do after carrying the whole team on his shoulders for more than a decade) the game he loves so much?
lol man Flamy never said abt Sachin not needed in the team..v all know wat kind of impact he has wen he is around..and he is not going to stay forever u know..he at the max has 3 years left in him so v have to get our team to fill in the big gap that he is going to leave..no one can replace him but as one of the fellow ICFer pointed out a gud batsman+ a gud bowler shd do it for India..so chillax and start supporting a team without Sachin..most of the ppl here are die hard sachin fans but then i would really love to see our young team winning tournaments sans Sachin..he shd play only in important tournaments from now on..ideally he shd concentrate on his test career and get that 50 test 100s which is slowly but surely slipping out of his grasps..his ODI records are gonna stay for eternity..im pretty sure no one can come close to it..
thx buddy! :icflove::icflove:
2003 WORLD CUP Tendulkar Sehwag Ganguly Dravid Yuvraj Kaif Mongia Lineup in 2007 Ganguly Tendulkar Gambhir Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Uthappa Post CB series and potentially the 2011 WORLD CUP Lineup Sehwag Gambhir Raina Yuvraj Dhoni Sharma Pathan
lol this is foolish, to compare raina, sharma and gambhir to ganguly, dravid and sachin reflects plain stupidity-yes the current youngsters r great talents but let them perform for the next few years consistently b4 coming even close to the 2003 world cup team:giggle:
lol this is foolish' date=' to compare raina, sharma and gambhir to ganguly, dravid and sachin reflects plain stupidity-[b']yes the current youngsters r great talents but let them perform for the next few years consistently b4 coming even close to the 2003 world cup team:giggle:
:omg: u changed ur mind on Raina so quickly..man stick to ur opinion..atleast v ll have some fun wen Raina performs :giggle: