Which, out of these, is the best batting lineup?

2003 WORLD CUP Tendulkar Sehwag Ganguly Dravid Yuvraj Kaif Mongia Lineup in 2007 Ganguly Tendulkar Gambhir Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Uthappa Post CB series and potentially the 2011 WORLD CUP Lineup Sehwag Gambhir Raina Yuvraj Dhoni Sharma Pathan

Guest Hiten.

To me, WC 2007 squad had the best batting line up. But then again it proved out to be 'paper' tigers. I seriously had high hopes with our batsmen but I was crashed back to earth in no time.

The 2005/06 batting lineup was pretty good. 18 consecutive chases, remember ? That batting lineup looked like this; Sehwag, Tendulkar, Pathan, Yuvraj, Dravid, Dhoni, Raina But the 2002/03 is definitely the best of the lot. Sehwag was in murderous form, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Dravid were all as consistent as ever and then you had the fearless young guns Yuvraj and Kaif down the order. It was an awesome batting lineup until it fell apart after the '04 Pakistan tour.

I'll be blasphemous and opt for the last option, with the reasoning being that if those core seven are definites in the lineup, in the face of pressure from other Indian probables, then they'll be just as good as the 2003 squad. Mongia and Kaif do spoil it for 2003, don't they?

yup gotta add sachin to 3rd line up.. all those other batsmen will be tested in swinging and pacey conditions.. only SRT can stand his ground in trying conditions..
to an extent true but neither do we see such pitches nor does world cricket has bowlers to exploit such conditions. However if we do come across such a pitch and our batting lineup does struggle we have some good fast bowlers. Zaheer, RP, Sreesanth with Ishant, Praveen, Pathan may not be able to run through a line up but on favorable wickets any combination of above 6 can make most current batting line ups struggle.
I'll be blasphemous and opt for the last option' date=' with the reasoning being that if those core seven are definites in the lineup, in the face of pressure from other Indian probables, then they'll be just as good as the 2003 squad. [b']Mongia and Kaif do spoil it for 2003, don't they?
Mongia i understand why kaif. Our WC 03 win over pak which most of us Indian fans keep harping about would not have come had kaif not take a those body blows.
to an extent true but neither do we see such pitches nor does world cricket has bowlers to exploit such conditions. However if we do come across such a pitch and our batting lineup does struggle we have some good fast bowlers. Zaheer, RP, Sreesanth with Ishant, Praveen, Pathan may not be able to run through a line up but on favorable wickets any combination of above 6 can make most current batting line ups struggle.
I was making point especially to compete against Ozzies.. and south africa to some extent.. otherwise SRT-Less team is good enough for others..
I was making point especially to compete against Ozzies.. and south africa to some extent.. otherwise SRT-Less team is good enough for others..
yes i know that but give this ODI team 6 more months and i feel this team will be ready for life-after-sachin. Noone can replace sachin but a combination of batsman with good fast bowler should be able to fill that gap.
Guest dada_rocks

difference between fought bravely and won more often than not is sehwag's whirlwind inning so yes he has to be common theme in all the batting line-up