Chawla - A minnow basher?

flamy

He is soooooooooooo cuuuute. He should just go do some ads and play domestic cricket now. Look at Raina, he had PROMISE. But, he couldn't keep it. He went back, and he got better. Chawla will get a good run in this Asia Cup. I'll be happy to see signs of improvement, if not major overhauls. Right now, he is a true liability. Ojha must be given a game. And also, I would like to see Amit Mishra in BLUE.

no, first chawla has to marry sania mirza.. then they both can partner up in mixed doublles and win INdia another grandslam..

wimbledon final
                              SET 1  SET 2
Chawla/Mirza                  6        6

Mcenroe/Navratlova            0     0

What are you smokin, Cricketics? :giggle:
Guest Hiten.
I too think Amit Mishra should be in the squad. Chawla has got good exposure. Time to go and hone the skills in domestic circuit.
+1 Chawla should play entire Indian domestic season (ranji, duleep) to implement what he has learned from his exposure to the International side.
bring back Murali Kartik
i second that..y has there been no talk abt this guy..he performs well against the aussies but then thats it v totally forget him..v need him in our ODI squad and he is a gud test bowler also..is he injured guys??any updates on him??

Chawla - A minnow basher? I've been saying this for a long, long time - he is one of the most overrated cricketers I have seen. For the moment forget about the numbers because he is still young in his career, but just as a bowler he looks bread and butter stuff for the most part. Yes, he has an excellent googly, but just that won't get you anywhere against quality batsmen. He can sucker a lot of wickets by bowling them at the domestic level or against the likes of Hong Kong and Bangladesh, but good batsmen are going to pick it up after a few times. The leg break hardly turns, there is no awkward bounce, there is no drift in the pads, and most people tend to pick up his variations in speed quite early. 20 ODIs into his career, he has been a king of demolishing minnows but has a very ordinary record against good opposition. Excluding BD, HK, Ireland, and Scotland he has 14 wickets in 15 matches @ 48.9 and an economy rate of 5.4. Contrast this with 13 wickets in 5 games @ 13.3 and an economy rate of 3.44 against minnows. Needs to spend a lot of time in the domestics before becoming a force at the international level, IMO.

I agree, he is very overrated. He lacks variation and doesn't try to think batsmen out. He is too over-attacking, and i struggle to remember him bowling a controlled spell in which he actually contained batsmen. I saw him play for the first time a little over 2 years ago and he really hasn't improved much since then. Pakistan tend to be quite severe on Indian spinners, Harbhajan and Kumble included, so it's not surprising to see him look like a fish out of water when he bowls against them.