Did Sri Lanka underperform purposely?

It was a cunning move on SL's part. They "rested" Vaas and Mendis for a purpose. I have my reservations on how the Indian openers can handle Vaas, they'll be under a false sense of confidence now. Also, Mendis is a completely new variable in the middle overs. SL want the Asia Cup and they are using all their resources magnificiently. This was pure strategy. Gotta give it to the Lankans :hatsoff:

Obviously the Lankans fancy their chances against India more than Pakistan....i mean who can forget the memorable match in which they THRASH you 300 RUNSDONT GET CHEEKY JOKER
Yes, that why the Lankan coach, captain and Ranatunga, all have said that India is the strongest and they would take the trophy and they would like to avoid them in the finals EVEN before the tournaemnt started. Now they are afraid of Pak whom they thrashed because Pak fluked one win in the tournament. Also resting Mendis was clearly a strategy as Indians have NEVER faced him. They wanted him as a surpirse in the finals and hope he does to India what he did to Pak being a surprise. SL is playing with their benefit in moind not Pak. however, what Paks are proving to be is better called, sore losers
Guest dada_rocks

I am sure u also believe 9/11 was Mossad handiwork.. and there exist a flying entity with body of horse and wings like eagle which flies in air faster than any jet ever known.. :-D

I cant' date=' by any stretch of imagination, imagine why, SL would prefer to play India over Pak unless their players are gluttons for punishment[/quote'] You can not stretch your imagination as far as our padosis can. Imagine that every one in the world is your enemy and their only purpose in life is to conspire against you. There is no other purpose for their existence. Now you can see how Srilanka lost the match purposefully?
seriously pakistanis deserve some lashes and deserve to lose a series against Zimbabwe for such sick reaction. it's reaction like these which makes pak cricket die in dust
It's reactions like these that makes me gloat whenever they lose and celebrate their agony. :yay:
You are a retard Do you also believe in "USA did 911 and not fanatic muslims".
Sounds like you are the retarded one!!! There is more than enough evidence to show that the American's were involved in one way or another with 911 but its simple minds that do not question anything like yours - that lap up all the bullshit thrown by governments! :hysterical: I suppose you think the American's invaded Iraq to help the Iraqi people too? :haha:
Sounds like you are the retarded one!!! There is more than enough evidence to show that the American's were involved in one way or another with 911 but its simple minds that do not question anything like yours - that lap up all the bullshit thrown by governments! :hysterical: I suppose you think the American's invaded Iraq to help the Iraqi people too? :haha:
and u signed up just to post that? :finger:
i honestly believe that SR lost today on purpose....the SL cricket board is in severe financial crisis and they have turned to BCCI for help several times lately...they could not afford to eliminate india as that obviously wud not have gone well with BCCI. MONEY IS POWER!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with this. Sri Lanka rested Vaas/Mendis so that India would have an easier time winning. The Sri Lankans and BCCI have teamed up to exclude Pakistan from the finals. But it had nothing to do with which team Sri Lanka wanted to face in the finals. It was kind of like that smelly, untalented, whiny kid who never gets picked by any captain when choosing players for kid's cricket. No one wants to play with Pakistan because they're like that smelly, stinky, untalented, whiny kid!! :hysterical: And can you blame them? Even Pak players like Razzaq, Yousuf didn't want to play for the team and wanted to go to the ICL instead!
On Aaj Tak Rameez's Disgusting Comment - Srilanka would have wanted Pak to play in Final, not a team like India Jayasuriya looked Bored: He scored 43 of 37 ICC should step in here
There's nothing wrong with that statement, Rajeev. Rameez is saying that SL would have preferred Pakistan as the other finalist as they would have been the easier opposition.
what's lame is the fact that you guys are not thinking 'straight. if you ask me i still think that teams (SL and IND) deserve to be in the final based on overall performance. Having said that, the Lankans body language was pathetic today...and why not play your best 11 and win this game to continue the winning streak? they were not playing back to back game so y rest your key bowlers? everyone wants a fair chance....but the Lankans by under performing denied us that chance....and i applaud both ramiz and waqar to go after the Lankans during live commentary....
Why dont you get out of this site. This is for Indian Cricket fans. I cannot comment on SL body language. Yes they did rest some of their key players becasue they reached finals. What is wrong with it? You guys just disgust me. Dont me a sore losers. :finger:J ust becasue you guys did not reach the final mean, the results are fixed. :angry_smile: