Dhondy's pyschoanalysis thread

Come one, come all! The doc on board has opened his shop again for free and at times unsolicited online psychoanalysis consultation. I am his first volunteer but as we all know about Dhondy, anyone can be in the firing line with or without consent. Am leaving this thread in the cricket section till it kicks off and maybe later it can be moved to Chit Chat! Shoot away, Dhondy - it's been a few years since you did a psychoanalysis on me, how have I changed besides my job?

lol-dude -that gut called me a paki because i was pessimistic about our chances in the final.
Uhhh..... dude.....uhhhh... he was just ribbing you. Stay on the forums for a while to know his amazing sense of humor. He has called someone with a monicker Yuvraj4Captaincy a Pakistani. You got lucky!!:-D

I'll do some of the posters. Please don't take offence. This is meant to be light hearted, although there will be more than a grain of truth, otherwise it won't be enjoyable. I only did the ones where I feel I have some insight. I am not ignoring the others. It's just that I can't read you...yet. Chandan- Perfectionist. Her anxiety, unlike Finey's, is about detail. Have you crossed the 't's and dotted the 'i's? Are you trying hard enough? Is everybody and everything just where they should be? Her slightly schoolmarmish and finicky attitude towards life may sometimes detract from her enjoyment of things. She's gullible though. Wouldn't be surprised if she has been taken for a ride by people she has trusted in the past. Lurker- A mystery is Lurker. How can a guy who can argue so intelligently, read so voraciously, and have the right ideas about most contentious issues, be so narcissistic about himself, and be so witheringly critical of people who have a poor physique? He's obviously very intelligent, and somebody who tries very hard to overcome prejudice. Yet, given to bullshyting when he thinks he can get away with it. I feel that parental influence has been huge in Lurker's development. Growing up, he was more influenced by his parents than by friends, school or college, and it shows in the middle ground that he often adopts, his idealistic demeanour to issues. And yet, here's another paradox- why has the person who was so shaped by family, studiously avoided commitment himself? Lurker is well into his 30s and still single.Any takers?:--D Putrevus- Is a pessimist of the highest order. You give him a full moon night, he'll comment on the darkness in the rest of the sky. Very little happiness filters through his dour outlook. Has a rather high level of frustration, and vents it at the slightest opportunity. Go through his posts and see if you can find any positive ones. Cricketics- Just as Putrevus is a pessimist, Cricketics is an optimist. He loves life, has the typical kiss-my-ass Punjabi attitude towards life. Yet, Cricketics is a team man. He'll pull his weight in the side, appreciate people's efforts and gee them up. He also tries very hard to overcome his own prejudices. Ludhianvi- This other Punjabi has one of the sunniest, most helpful dispositions on the forum. You need help? No problem, ask Ludh- if he can, he'll help out. If you thank him, that's fine. But if you don't, he'll still help you the next time around. He's also very aware of other people's sensibilities, and will never hurt others, of whatever colour, creed or calling, if he can help it. A product of excellent upbringing, Ludh. Harisampath- Don't expect Hari to apologise if he is wrong, because, Hari, my friends, can't be wrong. Don't expect him to admit defeat in a debate. Hari is all about...well, Hari. He obviously has a very high opinion of himself, and to be fair, has probably worked hard in life like all good South Indian students and achieved notable success. Yet, the fatal flaw in his character is that he takes himself way too seriously. As a result, his wonderful sense of humour is often shrouded by an overbearing ego, and an almost infinite capacity for argumentativeness. Not the sort of chap you'd want to share a long train journey with. Holysmoke- Like Ludh, very well brought up. Sensitive, intelligent, enquiring mind. He likes to weigh up facts before he makes decisions. You won't find Holy being hasty. Yet, brutally outspoken, particularly towards people he dislikes. He may not say so in as many words, but if you don't measure up to his standards, you'll find out...sooner, rather than later. Fineleg- Fineleg suffers from anxiety neurosis. She simply can't control her anxiety when India is in danger of losing. She has learnt from past experience that she can't really bear Indian losses, and hence has to anticipate the worst, so as to prepare herself for disappointment. She's probably the most relieved person here when India wins. She's not thin skinned though. One of the best at taking criticism without going off the deep end. Finey has a healthy interest in health related matters, and I can't quite put my finger on what drives that interest. There's something going on there, that I can't quite place.

alternate ending: can we each do an analysis of dhondy? or would that be too many guns trained on our favorite doc? I'm even worse than dhonds at this (;)), but I imagine Dhondy is very good with kids, and an excellent listener. I think he may have worked hard at becoming such a good listener. And he's patient (which also took effort). Non-confrontational in person: if he's in a social situation he doesn't like (such as a train ride with HS?) he will ask the right questions and get the other person to talk. The optimist in him sees it as a learning experience. (PS - shwetabh, sorry we couldn't hook up this time. hope the yatra was sukhad and safal. hope to catch you sometime soon.)

no takers for theguyinallblue? Allright, I'll give it a shot. theguyinallblue: Old school traditionalist with a nostalgic eye and two legs planted in the past and a scowl of mistrust at all things new in cricket. Washes his own kameez with an air of superiority and wishes the IPL would just go away to hell where it belongs. :D
no takers for theguyinallblue? Allright, I'll give it a shot. theguyinallblue: Old school traditionalist with a nostalgic eye and two legs planted in the past and a scowl of mistrust at all things new in cricket. Washes his own kameez with an air of superiority and wishes the IPL would just go away to hell where it belongs. :D
Fast becoming a fan of Fontaine. Which probably means he'll disappear after doing the customary couple of hundred posts.

except for Ludh :icflove: and holy, others dont have good upbringing? :D Atleast I've been cleared of being a padosi which flamy hinted at :hysterical: Good post, Doc! There is one misconception (not in ur post, but with folks like danra) that I hate SRT. I really do like SRT, but its hard to state it in a forum that goes overboard on him. SRT is cool, though when he does not excel I get disappointed :) ofcourse @MiT$ thinks i hate YKP like MSD does :hysterical:

I am flattered, Doc. Actually, I was not born in Punjab:D. Perhaps, I think I need to be a little more mean and let go off this soft guy image. There is a devil hidden behind the mask. I'll unmask this character sometime:devil_smile: I recall a similar thread here sometime ago and that was superb enjoyment. Looking for more poster analysis here.:two_thumbs_up:

I'm flattered Doc. Specially liked your analysis of Ticz, maybe because thats just how I visualise him. Infact I always thought of Chandan in similar lines, and Lurks as ALWAYS been a mystery. Fineleg has OCD, she is a perfectionist, and I think it really bothers her when things are not how they should be. If I knew her well personally, I'd advise her to relax a bit, and enjoy the intricacies in life. I'd like you do an analysis of Salil, Doc. He's always been a bit of a mystery as well. I'll try... Salil -> Not just smart, but supremely confident as well. A punter, who will take into mind his gut feel while selecting his horse, and then will back it to no end. Because he is so confident in himself, he has no problems admitting his mistakes, he is beyond that. Very selective about his likes and dislikes, and definitely not passive about either. There is no middle ground for him. Probably the most passionate, and one of the most knowledgeable fans on this form. Although, I think he is more than just a fan or enthusiast. Following cricket is like a game for Salil (as opposed to cricket being the game), because it gives him the chance to pick his horses and back them.