Asia cup final

Did we just choke or lost to a better team? I am as big a Indian fan as you can get. But I am just frustrated and disappointed with this loss. :(( One loss, you can say it is just a bad day. Why is that our team is making a habit of losing in the finals. World cups, Kitply cup and now this. What is going wrong? :mad: I think our players need to spend more time on cricket and less in advertising and doing commercials.:stupid:

People need to understand what the term "choking" actually means. A team chokes when it somehow manages to lose a game it should have won - ala SA vs AUS '99 World Cup semi. Pretty much any WC knockout match SA has played will do as an example. What India did wasn't a choke, it was more like a submission. Take today for example - leaving aside the first 13 overs or so when Sehwag was going at it, India were completely outplayed. They didn't get a chance to choke. A good example of an Indian choke would be the '99 World Cup match vs Zimbabwe - classic case of losing a match which should have been won easily

I always maintained SL were the better team in these conditions and it would have taken something special to get past them. Unfortunately, that something special also came from SL which made the contest completely lopsided. As for OP, don't know how endorsements and advertisements did not hinder the team from making it to the finals and suddenly cropped up as if the team was shooting for some commercial of Pepsi on the morning of the final. We were outplayed by the better team - simple.

okay listen here. we lost all those finalz in late 90s and in this decade because we just weren't good enough to win. we just were never were a good odi team to win a tri series or anything like that. we used to be inconsistenly win games before in odi's hence we used to lose in finalz. and that is not called choking

okay listen here. we lost all those finalz in late 90s and in this decade because we just weren't good enough to win. we just were never were a good odi team to win a tri series or anything like that. we used to be inconsistenly win games before in odi's hence we used to lose in finalz. and that is not called choking
This is what I got from Merriam Websters Dictionary. As you can see from the last highlighted and underlined sentence, it is a clear case of choking by our team. What suggests that Sri Lanka is a better team? We handled them quite well during preliminary matches. This is a historical problem with our team. We talk the talk but when it comes to crunch time, we do tend to underperform. Main Entry: 1choke Pronunciation: \ˈchōk\ Function: verb Inflected Form(s): choked; chok•ing Etymology: Middle English, alteration of achoken, from Old English ācēocian, from ā-, perfective prefix + cēoce, cēace jaw, cheek — more at ABIDE, CHEEK Date: 14th century transitive verb1: to check or block normal breathing of by compressing or obstructing the trachea or by poisoning or adulterating available air 2 a: to check or hinder the growth, development, or activity of b: to obstruct by filling up or clogging c: to fill completely : JAM 3: to enrich the fuel mixture of (a motor) by partially shutting off the air intake of the carburetor 4: to grip (as a baseball bat) some distance from the end of the handle —usually used with upintransitive verb1: to become choked in breathing 2 a: to become obstructed or checked b: to become or feel constricted in the throat (as from strong emotion) —usually used with up 3: to shorten one's grip especially on the handle of a bat —usually used with up 4: to lose one's composure and fail to perform effectively in a critical situation
we didn't choke. we got humiliated. nothing new.
That is exactly right. It is one of those unexplained-yet-so-common Indian trait where our team not only gets walloped by an opposition bowler but he shall return the kind of figures that will remind of the days in early 1900s cricket. It is one thing when a bowler takes 5-65, it is completely other when another bowler takes 5-7. From top of my memory here are some such humiliating spells(against India): Murali : 7/30 Aaqib Javed: 7/37 Imran: 6/14 Mendis: 6/13 Shane Bond: 6/19 No other country, even Zimbabwe or BD will probably have this kind of record. We dont choke we just get on all fours and get r@ped. xxxx
That is exactly right. It is one of those unexplained-yet-so-common Indian trait where our team not only gets walloped by an opposition bowler but he shall return the kind of figures that will remind of the days in early 1900s cricket. It is one thing when a bowler takes 5-65, it is completely other when another bowler takes 5-7. From top of my memory here are some such humiliating spells(against India): Murali : 7/30 Aaqib Javed: 7/37 Imran: 6/14 Mendis: 6/13 Shane Bond: 6/19 No other country, even Zimbabwe or BD will probably have this kind of record. We dont choke we just get on all fours and get r@ped. xxxx
Utter capitulation :((