Dhoni is a poor test match player!

^ You don't need a number 7 to average that high when playing at home where the top order and tail also raise their game. It's in away conditions that runs are needed more from the number 7 and there the difference between Dhoni and someone like Saha is marginal. Saha will also give you a much better wicket keeper' date=' strengthening your slip cordon.[/quote'] You can make a case for a better replacement for MSD at no.7, but you lose me when I hear you mention someone like Saha.
You can make a case for a better replacement for MSD at no.7' date=' but you lose me when I hear you mention someone like Saha.[/quote'] Saha is a better keeper than Dhoni and how much worse will he do as a batsman than Dhoni has in places like South Africa? Sure, he won't be able to conjure innings like Dhoni's batting at home or on pattas, but it is a trade off.
^ You don't need a number 7 to average that high when playing at home where the top order and tail also raise their game. It's in away conditions that runs are needed more from the number 7 and there the difference between Dhoni and someone like Saha is marginal. Saha will also give you a much better wicket keeper' date=' strengthening your slip cordon.[/quote'] No way is Saha the better keeper from whatever I've seen. And how will he strengthen the slip cordon? Sent from my Micromax A74 using Tapatalk
^ You don't need a number 7 to average that high when playing at home where the top order and tail also raise their game. It's in away conditions that runs are needed more from the number 7 and there the difference between Dhoni and someone like Saha is marginal. Saha will also give you a much better wicket keeper' date=' strengthening your slip cordon.[/quote'] He might, I can't but it's hard to allow a seperate wicket keeper come in to the team when we have a regular wicket keeper in ODI'S - DHONI who isn't that bad in test, just not a great batsman.
No way is Saha the better keeper from whatever I've seen. And how will he strengthen the slip cordon? Sent from my Micromax A74 using Tapatalk
I don't want to b!t(h about Dhoni because as far as I can remember India never really had a fairly reliable WK/batsman before him, except Nayan Mongia one out of 20 times!!! But honestly he is taking fairly toooo long to fix a very obvious glitch in his batting!! Accepted he doesn't have a great technique and never relied on it so far in his career but his glaring flaw is obvious even from the International Space Station!! If he left that ball outside off from Steyn and stuck around with Rahane, India would have been in a far better position.

Its not like Dhoni has had to pull off ABDV style catches. Even rayudu could keep, and we'd have a solid batsman at 6/7. I was thinking maybe karthik instead of rohit, could strenghten slip cordon and does well against pace and all types of bowling. Maybe LOIs isnt for DK, but he did well in longer format. Let rohit be a LOI player, nothing wrong in that

Tare is a hardcore flat track bully. He makes runs on Mumbai's patta tracks and nowhere else. I think the umpires might not allow Steyn or Morkel to bowl at Tare!! Samson, dont really rate his keeping but as a batsman he did impress with the couple of innings I have seen him play. But I completely agree the next WK/batsman must be a youngster we can groom with the future in mind rather than go back to tried an tested failures. Dhoni is still the better bet than DK, Partiv, Saha... but if we are looking for a replacement it must be a newbie with a long term plan.
Lol... Why is that ? I have seen Tare smashing Warne out of the park.